Custom Rear bumper, which is better one swing or two swings to carry tire and fuel

Personally I prefer side by side with the neck facing back (opposite the direction of travel). Really easy to fill and refueling is done with a siphon hose so the cans seldom need to be dismounted.

I like this idea the best. My old back ain't what it use to be.

tommudd

Explorer
Good choice. Don't over build it. Look at metal thickness that the pro fabricators use, and emulate them. Your biggest problem will be weight.
I mounted the tire behind the driver, so when I shoulder check I can see over the into the far corner, for maneuvering and clearance. So cans on
the passenger side.

Yes best place for spare is behind the driver, first one I had was on passenger side, huge PITA to see around, all rest were drivers side

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Here is a dual swing out build with rectangle tube.
jugplacement_zps006523f1.jpg

Here is the build thread.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/44-fabrication-tools-equipment/304570-rodans-rear-bumper-build.html

Becareful about restricting vision of taillights.

A Bronco is on my bucket list. Nice rack.

Thanks, but that is not my build, but one I am going to clone mounting the tire on drivers side. For me I see no reason to use the smaller spindle unless vehicle is smaller with small size wheel and tire combo. 1-3/4'' and sleep good going down the highway knowing my tire will not fall off.

El Gordo

EL Gordo
build a single swing that folds in the middle. saves on space needed to open, like at the supermarket or whatever. I know a guy who built one on another forum, I'll post pics when I can find them.

I have to say that is one of the first ones hinged in the middle. I like the idea, but wouldn't it take the same space as a dual swing out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles