Custom Phoenix 4x4 camper Earthroamer - $92,000

rawtoxic

Zip - I was trying to figure that out too!!

How much is a phoenix box without a truck ?

I know it's cool to have a million stickers when you get to put them on but really I don't want to buy almost $100k rig laden in your stickers! I put my stickers on my coolers instead of my vehicles :)

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Zip - I was trying to figure that out too!!

How much is a phoenix box without a truck ?

I know it's cool to have a million stickers when you get to put them on but really I don't want to buy almost $100k rig laden in your stickers! I put my stickers on my coolers instead of my vehicles :)

missed those stickers on first view. I’m a minimal sticker guy.
Curious what this thing weighs.
Lotta weight for a F 250.
Says upgraded suspension though.

good looking vehicle.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Great rig. Why anyone with $92k to spare would buy a sprinter van instead of this rig is beyond me. This is a dream setup at a price that is reasonable compared to the alternatives.

I can give a couple reasons.

-No bikes/large toy storage
-280000 miles on the truck VS brand new Sprinter with warranty.
-much easier financing with the Sprinter

That said, I agree that this looks like a good build.

86scotty

Cynic
"-280000 miles on the truck VS brand new Sprinter with warranty."

But the Sprinter warranty does you no good on the Mojave trail when the only fix is a Benz dealer diagnostic supercomputer. I'm not trying to argue that this is that much better in terms of reliability, personally I'd choose a V10 gasser, but I am a proponent of overland vehicles starting with the most reliable trucks to begin with. Neither Ford diesels nor Sprinters go far on that with me.

Still, this is a great rig. Only $40k overpriced in my 'build it yourself' world but still 1/5th the cost of the Earthroamer types it is competing with.

jlcanterbury

I can give a couple reasons.

-No bikes/large toy storage
-280000 miles on the truck VS brand new Sprinter with warranty.
-much easier financing with the Sprinter

That said, I agree that this looks like a good build.

Good points. Still an easy choice for me, but we all have our priorities! I'm a hiker not a biker, and I like the 7.3l a little too much!
I really do love the look of sprinters, but I don't trust their overall reliability/ruggedness, or their service-ability in 'far away places'

@Christian P. You don't happen to be in Bend do ya? I saw a rig that looked identical to the one in your icon stopped at a coffee stand yesterday.

Porkchopexpress

A brand new sprinter with 4wd and a finished interior is more like 140+ new from my research. I think you could get a new 4wd 1 ton and decent camper for 92K so I still think this is a hard sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles