Custom over the canopy bed rack for a 2nd gen. Tacoma

Finlay

Triarius
I thought about doing something for my truck like that, but couldn't find any good examples and it felt too ambitious for me otherwise. Plus, I did see a couple ford/gmc pickups locally with the softopper and I wasn't impressed with the fit - although I've heard otherwise good things about them.

It looks great on your (sweet-***) truck, though. Well played, sir!

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
That is looking GREAT!

Jacque,

Congrats on the rack system. Josh did a great job.

Are you doing the CO highwater trip this year?

Regards,

Jon

NM-Frontier

Explorer
That bed rack looks great. I like that you kept it tight to the Softopper but have room for the table slide. I looks like the slide is attached to the bed rack and not the Frontrunner, is that correct?

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
Very nice! I was contemplating something just like that. What size tubing was used? Is it angled to match the topper angles?

Hey Nat,

I think it was 1 1/4 inch tubing, I drove my double cab today so I won't be able to verify until I get home. Yes it is angled to follow the lines of the Softopper, Baertrax did a great job following the lines.

Jacque

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
That bed rack looks great. I like that you kept it tight to the Softopper but have room for the table slide. I looks like the slide is attached to the bed rack and not the Frontrunner, is that correct?

Gordon,

The table is attached to the Frontrunner basket with the Frontrunner table slides.

Jacque

Clawhammer

Adventurer
Zombie post!

But... anyone have pictures of this rack since the ones here are gone? I'm thinking of building a rack over my Softopper and would like to see what other folks have come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94