Custom over the canopy bed rack for a 2nd gen. Tacoma

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
I needed a custom bed rack solution for my 06 single cab Tacoma, so I selected a Frontrunner basket for the strength to weight ratio along with the modular design.

Next, I had to have a mounting system for the basket that would work in conjunction with the Softtopper canopy I have on the truck.

I contacted Josh at WWW.BAERTRAX.COM who was eager to help and does top notch work.

Here is what he came up with:

BEDRACK4.jpg
[/IMG]

BEDRACK3.jpg
[/IMG]

Here you can see the Frontrunner stainless steel camp table stored out of the way under the rack.
BEDRACK2.jpg
[/IMG]

BEDRACK1.jpg
[/IMG]

The rack system bolts into the factory rails in the Tacoma and is also clamped down the between the softopper rails and bed rail.

No more hauling the Oztent crammed in the bed :sombrero:

BIGGUY

Adventurer
Very nice. I just saw that last picture on another site and wondered what set up you had on the rear.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Well done, I'm currently contemplating my Tacoma v3 build right now and while decisions have come easy, my RTT/bed rack system has not. You've given me some ideas :cool:

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
sweet looking rig. Very functional. Do you carry the soft topper?

We do sell the Softtoppers, we only have the Tacoma models listed on the website but can get any model they make.

Let me know what you are looking for 972 852 0105

Jacque

nat

Adventurer
Very nice! I was contemplating something just like that. What size tubing was used? Is it angled to match the topper angles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior