Custom Front Seats for Gen 2 Montero

mtnblue

Observer
What aftermarket seat choices (from other OEM Vehicles) have you found work well with the Gen 2's? I'd like to find something with the integrated armrest and maybe adapt it to the bouncy seat frame. I currently have a near perfect set of seats in my 95SR. I pulled the back seats, and am thinking of selling the whole seat set, as I only need front seats and someone would probably want a near perfect leather seat set for the Gen 2- but if I do that, I'd like to know what are good choices to replace the fronts. My father in law has a 08 Lexus R3XX 4x4 that has a nice set of sets with armrests, but don't know if they could be modified to fit. Any suggestions?

PacS14

Adventurer
I haven't seen anyone installing a different set of seats on a Montero that's not used for rally, etc. Measure the seats how wide and tall and it could be done if the seats aren't too wide, I believe that would be the biggest issue. Give it a try and report back.

plh

Explorer
I have a pair of Gen 2 bouncy seat frames available if you think you are going in this direction. Also have a set of near perfect light grey leather Gen 2 seats (manual seats that work with bouncy frames) as well. The seats received new hides about 5 years ago. Truck saw minimal use. Seats are now in storage for the past year.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Not many options for seats with armrests that are narrow enough to fit. And most rear seats are in good condition due to minimal use compared to the front.

zerodrift

Adventurer
I've installed a set of aftermarket seats in my 2000 Montero.
cc51b87a34547beea0280d9fd268181e.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

moderu

The gen 2/2.5 are the same when swapping complete assemblies.

Sorry, I worded it incorrectly. I meant in regards to interchangeable with Sports and Gen 3.

For example, can you unbolt Seats out of a Sport and mount into Regular Montero Gen 2/2.5 with seat brackets and all.

I’ve search for brackets and found they’re for 97+. Hence, does that mean we all share the same seat brackets?

zerodrift

Adventurer
Sorry, I worded it incorrectly. I meant in regards to interchangeable with Sports and Gen 3.

For example, can you unbolt Seats out of a Sport and mount into Regular Montero Gen 2/2.5 with seat brackets and all.

I’ve search for brackets and found they’re for 97+. Hence, does that mean we all share the same seat brackets?
That may not be the case. The seat brackets I ordered were noted to be compatible, but that was not the case when they arrived. These are a modified bracket from Corbeau. They never got them quite right, so I modified them to fit. Would have been better off making then from scratch in hindsight.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

plh

Explorer

Sport bases are not going to fit in a full size Gen 2 / 2.5 Montero, way too low. The full size Gen 2 / 2.5 Montero base is (I'm estimating) 8" high where the Sport base is maybe 2". Bolt pattern of the base to the floor is completely different as well. The Sport seat (no bracket) would probably be pretty close to fitting on the full size Montero base thou.

lots of seats will fit. I'm thinking of some of the BMW Porsche seats.
problem, it's hard to find a higher quality seat than what u have.
mitsu did it right the first time.
my gen 1 seats have a million farts in them are torn cruddy, and dirty. but are good for 10 hours drive.
adaptation just requires creativity..
u will get it.
I'd like starion seats myself.
but getting good used seats is not easy.
take note.
many seat frames without arm rests, will still have a tab welded to the frame for thst provision.
feel through the cover to check for its existence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke