Custom Frame-Off Build 1985 Jeep CJ-7 $28,500

Doctor BeBop

For sale in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, is my custom 1985 Jeep CJ-7. I have listed everything about the Jeep here that I am aware of. Prospective buyers are encouraged to inspect vehicle prior to committing. The title is clear, up to date and in my name and the Jeep is currently registered in Arizona. I am asking $28,500 for the Jeep, which is priced many thousands of dollars below comparable Jeeps on eBay. Be sure to check out the links in the description--they contain a "Test Drive Video" and more and higher resolution photos of the Jeep. Note:The matching trailer shown in the pics has been sold! If you have any questions, PLEASE message me and include a phone number and I will contact you. Due to too many scammers, I WILL NOT RESPOND to messages without a phone number. Thanks for looking at my ad. -- Eric

1985 Jeep CJ-7 Full Frame-Off Resto-Mod Old-School Build

Jeep was built by a professional in the off-road vehicle business for over 30 years and this was his personal Jeep. He bought it at a government vehicle auction (Los Angeles International Airport) VIN 3V0TA24XXEM000351 with very low miles to use as the foundation for a ground-up rebuild. It has about 1,500 miles since build. It starts, runs and drives with no issues. The engine, axles, transfer case and transmission do not leak. Adult owned, built and driven. Always garaged. It has had only very light street and off-road trail use.

Body: 1985 Jeep CJ-7 rust-free, accident-free vehicle, all body sections powder coated in "desert tan" color. Rally removable fiberglass hard top with two sunroofs and fiberglass half doors with sliding windows--the door tops are easily removed for summer driving. Custom powder coated spare tire/fuel can/High Lift jack rack mounted on body. Armor body panels. Rock guard "slider" panels. Custom bumpers front and rear with air tank rear. Warn winch with plug-in remote. Bumper mounted off-road lights. 2" receiver hitch.

Drive Train: 2003 Chevy Vortec 5.3L LM7 V8 with approximately 32,000 miles, Novak headers, Novak aluminum radiator with electric thermostatically controlled fan, New Novak AX15 5 speed transmission, rebuilt Novak Dana 300 transfer case with twin stick shifter, drive shafts with greasable Zerk fittings. 20 gallon tank with stock skid plate.

Frame: Stripped down to bare frame and powder coated gloss black. Frame looks brand new.

Rear Axle: 1985 AMC Model 20 completely rebuilt with 4.57 gears, Detroit Locker, Warn axle shafts, Warn full-float hubs, Stainless Steel disc brake kits, fully trussed axle housing is powder coated black. Comes with TWO sets of Warn locking hubs NEW, never used, in the box.

Front Axle: 1985 Dana 30 completely rebuilt with 4.57 gears, Detroit locker, Yukon axle shafts, Stainless Steel disc brake kits, steel differential cover powder coated to match body. Axle housing is powder coated black. GM quick turning power steering box ready for hydro-boost brake if desired.

Suspension: 4" lift Pro-Comp springs and new Bilstein nitrogen shocks, front and rear.

Tires/Wheels: BF Goodrich 33x10 All Terrain Radials with approximately 1,500 miles mounted on Pro Comp 69 aluminum 15x8 "Vintage" model Wheels.

Interior: Full roll cage anchored to frame via pivoting mounts, Auto-meter white face instruments (volts, fuel, temperature, oil pressure), ARB air compressor under passenger seat connected to rear bumper air tank. Rubber mats in front and rear. Fire extinguisher. Custom seats and locking center console. All body panels powder coated in interior.

Other: Optima yellow-top battery. High-lift jack on custom mount in rear. Tow bar mounts on front bumper. Jeep comes with tow bar. Quick disconnect anti-sway bar in front for on-road/off-road use. Comes with two Sceptor non-CARB fuel cans with spout. There is no A/C in this Jeep and it did not have A/C from the factory. There are no smog control devices on this vehicle so it will not pass in areas where smog control devices are required. All of the dash controls work (heater, defroster, fan, outside air, headlights, high-low beams, blinkers, windshield wipers), and all of the Auto-meter gauges work. The speedometer is believed to be accurate. The High-Lift jack and spare tire are mounted using the same lug nuts as the wheels on the Jeep. Comes with extra lug nuts and a Tuner lug nut tool.

Disclosures: If I were to keep this Jeep, I would replace the springs for a softer ride and because the driver side rear spring has sagged. The brakes work fine. However, the rear brakes, when cold, are loud when applied in reverse. I have discussed this issue with the disc brake manufacturer (Stainless Steel Brakes) and they informed me that installing organic brake pads should resolve the issue. The door locks do not match the ignition lock (all CJ Jeeps came like that), and the door keys were lost. Jeep comes with new uninstalled door looks with keys. The Rally fiberglass half door tops have a gap at the top front of the doors.

Here is a link to larger, high resolution photos of the Jeep (copy and paste into your browser):

Here is a link to a "Driving Video" hosted on YouTube (copy and paste into your browser):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94