Currently traveling around the world in a Piper Malibu Mirage aircraft

FlyingThruLife

Hi Everyone,

I began my 90-day worldwide journey on May18th, and am currently ending my stay here in Abu Dhabi. My next stop is in Muscat, Oman. I'm halfway through my trip, and you can track my flight and progress right here. Great to be a part of this group as a "global citizen." Here's to the adventure!

Robert DeLaurentis

[video=youtube;PLXsPERRmiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=PLXsPERRmiM[/video]

hansrober

Adventurer
Awesome! I have always wondered how language might pose a problem when trying to communicate with different nations air traffic controllers or other airport officials. Especially in out of the way places. Has this ever affected you inflight in your travels? Are there customs inspections everywhere you land? It seems there might be a long list of particulars to know about every country. I guess I am wondering if its more complex than land border crossings. Thats a really cool adventure your on. Good Luck and enjoy your travels!

unkamonkey

Explorer
An old friend would be right there with you. He flew jets in the Korea era, Instruments, bear in the air while he was with the state patrol, commercial pilot and an instructor at the local airport. His life revolved around any plane.

scoolbubba

Awesome. Big fan of the idea. How are you liking the mirage? I can't afford one (I fly on Uncle Sugar's dime), but my life's goal is to own a plane and use it to see North America.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FlyingThruLife

Yes, language is a constant challenge. I often ask the air traffic controllers to repeat what they say and spell waypoints out for me. In southern Africa it is the most challenging.
Customs are only at airports of entry and departure that are designated by the countries. You must enter or leave from those airports unless you are in certain parts of Europe.
Thanks for your kind words...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94