Cummins Dodge 2006

sisu

Adventurer
Tried to get a response out of fireside chat gave up.
I'm interested in seeing opinions before doing a post on the for sale side.
I live in Juneau, AK own a 06 SLT Cummins long bed 2500 4x4 automatic wind up windows and no electric seats with 50,000 miles(kept this truck simple as Alaska and electric windows can be a bad mix in cold weather) . We used to travel to Montana for pheasant season but ferry costs have increased so much we stopped in 2013. After this we get 2-3000 miles per year on the truck. It isn't being used for what it's intended for.
Is there a market for the truck?
I've checked KBB, NADA & Edmonds so I've got the pricing range.
Again I'm just asking questions before I decide to post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
That truck is the going to sell very well and very quick! Which cab? I have a 06 regular cab I bought in 08 for a great price during the height of the recession. Most people want the larger cabs, but I see that generation of truck selling, on dealer lots, for the same or close to what I paid. And those all have alot more miles than yours!

Look at what people are paying for a new cummins truck that has alot more stuff to go wrong on it, and if yours is in good shape with those low miles I woulnt hesitate to put a large starting price on it. I wouldnt give much weight to bluebook for that truck.

Chris

Last edited:

sisu

Adventurer
That truck is the going to sell very well and very quick! Which cab? I have a 06 regular cab I bought in 08 for a great price during the height of the recession. Most people want the larger cabs, but I see that generation of truck selling, on dealer lots, for the same or close to what I paid. And those all have alot more miles than yours!

Look at what people are paying for a new cummins truck that has alot more stuff to go wrong on it, and if yours is in good shape with those low miles I woulnt hesitate to put a large starting price on it. I wouldnt give much weight to bluebook for that truck.

Chris

Quad cab 8' bed.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Whats the bluebook stating. I dont see the lack of features as a huge negative, but the current location is the biggest issue for your prospective market. Although the ferry ride from Juneau to Bellingham is beautiful in winter, and alot less crowded!

If I had that truck in Oregon, Id think about an ebay or other auction. I dont think $30k plus is unreal, but perhaps Im blinded by my preference for the 5.9 pre-def trucks.

Ive been searching for a similar 4500, but low mileage of that generation dont exist anymore.

Good luck
Chris

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
It'll sell quickly. A qclb is a great configuration and always in demand especially the guys with cabovers. Based on your specs I'd say $25-30K. I would think a Cummins up there would be snatched up. 30% fewer parts and no glowplugs is a plus.
The 5.9's in great shape bring in some money.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
I would be shocked if you garnered more than 20k for it. It’s a base truck that’s 12-13 years old depending on manufacturing date.

I’d say 15-18 would be a vary reasonable asking price.

sisu

Adventurer
Well after looking at the trucks out there and what they cost I kept the 06 and did a bunch of front end work before anything needed it on the road. Everything is now has zerk fittings. I’d rather keep something that I have been maintaining rather than go into a new black hole.

Explorerinil

Observer
Well after looking at the trucks out there and what they cost I kept the 06 and did a bunch of front end work before anything needed it on the road. Everything is now has zerk fittings. I’d rather keep something that I have been maintaining rather than go into a new black hole.

Good move you got a solid truck. My friend bought a mint 07 quad cab short bed 5.9 with 30k on it about 3 years ago. He paid almost 40k for it, it is show room mint, it just sits in his heated garage racking up about 1000 miles or so a year. He won’t part with it for anything.

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder
Good idea to keep it, I paid $25,000 for my immaculate 06 quad cab short bed about 7 years ago so yours in not worth what you wanted to get for it.

Halligan

Adventurer
You've got an awesome truck by the sound of it. I had a 2004 5.9 Cummins that I bought new and regret selling it often. If I found a truck like yours in good condition I would consider buying it but trucks from that vintage in good condition are hard to come by. Keep that unicorn for many years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles