Ctek chargers

LeeroyDave

Hi there I was wondering if there were any 12 volt gurus out there that could help me out, I've got a canopy that I can jack up and drive out from and leave fully set up, inside the canopy is my two Engels and 230AH AGM batteries, I am planning to be able to charge batteries via a 300w solar panel when I'm out bush, and want to charge from my alternator while I'm on the move, the question I have is can I put a CtekD250S in the canopy as my solar regulator and a dc/dc charger and just run a cable to it from my batteries under the bonnet of my ute or what's the go?
Any help much appreciated

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Good question. I suppose it depends on whether the 250s gets the power to run its internal electronics from the engine battery or the aux battery.

Someone who has one will have to try it and see if it still solar charges when disconnected from the engine battery.

dan85

Observer
Hi there I was wondering if there were any 12 volt gurus out there that could help me out, I've got a canopy that I can jack up and drive out from and leave fully set up, inside the canopy is my two Engels and 230AH AGM batteries, I am planning to be able to charge batteries via a 300w solar panel when I'm out bush, and want to charge from my alternator while I'm on the move, the question I have is can I put a CtekD250S in the canopy as my solar regulator and a dc/dc charger and just run a cable to it from my batteries under the bonnet of my ute or what's the go?
Any help much appreciated
yes thats a good way to set it up. place the 250s as close to you batteries as possible and just use and Anderson plug or the like to disconnect your canopy. I had one in my patrol and had it set up with the 250s on the battery box of the aux battery and when at camp i could pull the battery box out to charge stuff closer to the swag and plug solar in with it out of the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste

Members online