Crocs?

Rotti, I know this is an old thread, but take a look at the Bean boot slip on loafers. For around camp, keeping your feet dry and protected, they work great. I prefer them to my crocs.

realwarrior

Realwarrior
I know that they are ugly, BUT... I've had 5 foot surgeries (3/rf, 2/lf) and they are the only slip on type shoe I can wear

rotti

Adventurer
OP here....had my Crocs for over a year now and they're working out great. Perfect for around the house and especially the yard. I always take them camping for showers, relaxing and nighttime excursions into the weeds. As far as driving, hiking or weddings not so perfect.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I had a pair of Crocs that I used to wear around the house and to get the mail. Then when I was in Namibia last summer I saw a guy wearing a pair of Croc Swiftwaters. When I got home I bought a couple pairs and have been wearing them almost every day since then.

Chad

2265766_Brown_Black

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Crocs, its a lifestyle. ha ha. I have to put a few pairs on order. I have my first pair worn out. SUPER comfy however.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I started wearing leather soled moccasins after reading Colin Fletcher's books (the godfather of backpacking, not the MMA fighter). He was so obsessive about weight he would take a scale to buy underwear and buy the lightest pair so save a few fractions of an ounce. But foot care was so important he still carried a pair of leather moccasins for use around camp after backpacking 20 miles in hiking boots.

This is what I have right now: http://amzn.to/2a9Qcj1
They're so nice to have on your feet to let them breathe at the end of the day, no worries about developing stinky "Croc Foot" wrapping your foot in rubber. And the sole of leather is just enough to protect from rocks and sticks but still feel close to being barefoot.

perterra

Adventurer
Friends dont let friends wear crocs.

But just in case you feel an urge to have them, never ever get a pair of crocs too close to the camp fire. Like say you were going to nudge a log over but maybe the rum and coke was stronger than you thought so you like accidently stepped in the fire. It's like wearing a flaming marshmallow on your foot, and the only way to get it off is to combine the moves of Michael Jacksons moonwalking with that of a high kicking Ziegfeld girl and do the whole dance number in about 5 seconds. You do a couple of high kicks, but you realize the heel strap is connected so you do a couple of moonwalks, then try the high kick again. After about 80 or 90 high kicks in 10 seconds you finally fling the flaming sumbitch off into the woods and retrieve it, it's got so much gravel embedded in it you sound like some kind of crazy *** Fred Astaire on speed when you walk. Took me forever to finally get all the gravel out.

Crocs, no thanks

kojackJKU

I love my flaming marshmallows. I keep the heel strap flipped forward so they are easy on and easy off.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
OP here....had my Crocs for over a year now and they're working out great. Perfect for around the house and especially the yard. I always take them camping for showers, relaxing and nighttime excursions into the weeds. As far as driving, hiking or weddings not so perfect.

I agree. They're great "camp shoes" and I like them in the trailer because I can slip them on or off without using my hands - very handy when you have to pee in the middle of the night (our trailer has no toilet.)

Still wearing my Crocs...........:sombrero::sombrero: mjmcdowell

See? Great minds think alike. :jump:

Friends dont let friends wear crocs.

But just in case you feel an urge to have them, never ever get a pair of crocs too close to the camp fire. Like say you were going to nudge a log over but maybe the rum and coke was stronger than you thought so you like accidently stepped in the fire. It's like wearing a flaming marshmallow on your foot, and the only way to get it off is to combine the moves of Michael Jacksons moonwalking with that of a high kicking Ziegfeld girl and do the whole dance number in about 5 seconds. You do a couple of high kicks, but you realize the heel strap is connected so you do a couple of moonwalks, then try the high kick again. After about 80 or 90 high kicks in 10 seconds you finally fling the flaming sumbitch off into the woods and retrieve it, it's got so much gravel embedded in it you sound like some kind of crazy *** Fred Astaire on speed when you walk. Took me forever to finally get all the gravel out.

Crocs, no thanks

Yeah, you have a problem but it's not the crocs. :p

EDITED TO ADD: Actually mine aren't even "real" Croc brand Crocs. Mine are the low-budget Wal-mart copies.

CSG

Explorer
Crocs? Never ever. For camp shoes, I've worn Sperry Topsiders for almost 40 years. For showers, much as I hate them, flip flops. I never wear sandals of any type. A truly ridiculous shoe.

kojackJKU

Just as sperry are truely preppy jersey shore sweater round the neck shoes. Lemme guess you have an extensive polo shirt collection. Popped collars or folded?

CSG's camping attire!

image-7.jpg

HA HA HA HA!...sorry bud! had to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles