Crimson Trace experiences/recomendations

Maryland 110

Adventurer
I'm looking @ adding one of these to my Beretta 96. I looks as though there are three different models that fit the gun. Just wondering what others think of them. A friend had one on a SIG and I really liked it.

my dad has a set on a j frame smith and wesson .38 and they are a great set up. i have shot the gun as well and like them very well. i plan on putting a set on my new sp 101 when funds permit. i think you will be pleased.

jake

KSJeep

Explorer
I like them, they are much better than the cheaper versions, I think of them as the modern day pump shotgun. You put that dot on a bad guy and they know what it is, Great deterent!!

Blain

Adventurer
If your interested. I have a brand new set of laser grips for an M9. Not sure if they'll fit the Beretta 96, but it's a left handed activated (but depending on how you hold it could be right) I can post some pics if you want.

I got it and never used it so it works great. Can't really comment on how well they work personally but I've seen them on other pistols and messed around with them, and they feel pretty nice.

Mike

maximumrob

Adventurer
My old man is going to install one on his .45 auto carry pistol. I've seen enough of 'em at the range to know that "wiggle" on the target is distracting for me, so I'll stick with dots. However, my dad says that at his age, he's accustomed to his body shaking so it won't bother him in the least! :)

rugbier

Adventurer
I had them on my 92FS, they worked okay, PITA to sight them properly, when I changed the barrell to a threaded 1/2x28 I put a Lasermax, much better product and not so different price wise.

60LCConvert

Observer
I have a set on my Kimber Ultra Carry II, love them, sited at 25 feet with ease. A great way to train for defense, ie draw to defensive posture and see xactly where you are pointing, also great for seeing what you sweep during your draw,, train with both laser and iron sites until you simply draw and are on target without ever having to look at either.

Ridgewalker

Adventurer
I wouldn't stake my life on anything using a battery. Learn to use the hard sights and if you must have a laser, use it only to learn to point. I'll guarantee you when you need it the batteries will go if they aren't already dead.

All that said, they are excellent to learn where you are pointing until it comes naturally.

Last edited:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
In my experience, only the higher quality products hold up to the recoil well. Lasermax is good for full size pistols, but I have also seen some good reviews from cheaper than dirt for some other alternatives. It really depends on what you are going to do with it. CQC with a sidearm, you want the device in an internal configuration due to easy of storage and jarring concerns, whereas if it is being utilized as a primary, you may want to go for one that is foregrip activated and can be readily turned on/off.... no sense in broadcasting your position. Also, there are several products that work well with EOTech and NVG setups.

Boils down to.... do your homework (i.e. read the customer reviews) and expect that in America, you generally get what you pay for....

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I have a set on my Kimber Ultra Carry II, love them, sited at 25 feet with ease. A great way to train for defense, ie draw to defensive posture and see xactly where you are pointing, also great for seeing what you sweep during your draw,, train with both laser and iron sites until you simply draw and are on target without ever having to look at either.

No substitute for practice....

DBH

i have a set on Ruger Sp101 that is a backup gun/ night stand gun for me and the family. The laser is right for what I have done at the range for practice. Does it negate the use of sights? No. But it is another tool for the toolbox.

I definitely give them the thumb up!

maXTERRA

Adventurer
Got them on kimber full-size and ultra carry.
Beretta tomcat .32, glocks, taurus....
Outstanding quality units!!!!
I did have the one on the ultra-carry quit on me, AFTER 3 years
(3yr warranty) and it was one of the very first produced (had to wait for it to come in).
I never did register it, but figured I'd give them a call anyway.
Very kind and helpful customer service and said to send it right in. Replaced all the innards with a newer version unit. Also sent new batteries and accessory pack and had it in just over a week!!:victory:

Where else do you get outstanding service like that????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles