Crashed my Jeep into a tree :(

kam

Observer
We had a very slippery and muddy Sunday last week.

We were driving down a little hill, gaining little bit too much speed. After some point the Jeep started to slide to the right. At this point I lost all steering control and just tried to slow down the vehicle.

Unfortunately it was not enough to prevent the Jeep from going over the bank . And to make it even worse, a huge hole to our right appeared, where we were exactly sliding to. As soon we started to drop into the hole, I turned hard right and accelerated to prevent from rolling.

Well learned from this mistake, doesn't matter how harmless the situation might look like, should always stay focused :/

We had our Action Cam running, here is the video.

zelatore

Explorer
A great reminder that even an easy track can bite if your attention wanders a bit. Good save - you were 'this close' to rolling it.

I love the 'recovery'. i.e. you just drove out of it. Nice.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Nice quick reaction to turn down on the embankment. Not a split second to spare!
Yes. Very well done.
Instinct often has the driver turn up the declivity and that shortens the wheelbase, rolls the Jeep.

Well done; thanks for putting it together and posting it. It's always a good service to remind us all how fast a situation can get sideways on you.

And that bearded bloke at the end stole the show from you....

kam

Observer
Thanks Hilldweller. Yeah instinct is there to protect us, but in dangerous situations it does the opposite quite often

kam

Observer
Wow thats impressive! But yeah, similar reaction and outcome :) With the difference, there was a tree to stop me xD I actually managed to hit the brakes just before the tree as well, but obviously it's just softened the hit a little. Better in the tree, then on the roof ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier