Crank Pulley decided to go for a walk...

dorifto-san

Creeper
I'll have to look when I get home, I think the bolts are 3/8" x 2", I'll get the rest of the info later on. Was pretty simply to make and had zero flex when I torqued the bolt.

dorifto-san

Creeper
Alright, so here are the specs on the tool: Flat bar is 2"x1/8"x36" (I cut it nearly in half though), also need two 3/8"x2" bolts and nuts. I drilled out the holes for the bolts first, and then dropped a sharpie down the center of the pulley to mark my center point. I used a 1 3/8" metal hole saw which was enough to slide my 22mm impact socket through.

Good luck!

Jay Ayala

Explorer
t6quzn.jpg

Had to make a tool, it worked flawlessly and only cost $7 to build!

Sweet!!! Why didn't I think of that ages ago? Damn. Do you know how many times I could have used this over the past 12 years of wrenching on my Raider. Holy crap!! Good job Dorito!

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L
1997 Mitsubishi Montero 3.5L

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Alright, so here are the specs on the tool: Flat bar is 2"x1/8"x36" (I cut it nearly in half though), also need two 3/8"x2" bolts and nuts. I drilled out the holes for the bolts first, and then dropped a sharpie down the center of the pulley to mark my center point. I used a 1 3/8" metal hole saw which was enough to slide my 22mm impact socket through.

Good luck!

If I were to pay the postage would you take it apart and mail it over to me, I could use it for my TB change coming up and mail it back to you.

dorifto-san

Creeper
I think I have enough flat bar to make you one if you'd like. I'll double check when I get home and let you know this evening. Shoot me a pm and we'll work something out!

dorifto-san

Creeper
Sweet!!! Why didn't I think of that ages ago? Damn. Do you know how many times I could have used this over the past 12 years of wrenching on my Raider. Holy crap!! Good job Dorifto!

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

Glad I could contribute!

Jay Ayala

Explorer
I wonder if it would also fit the pulley from a 3.0L Gen I?

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I think I have enough flat bar to make you one if you'd like. I'll double check when I get home and let you know this evening. Shoot me a pm and we'll work something out!

If you could that would be awesome, I could pay for the materials and shipping, let me know what you find.

dorifto-san

Creeper
212acdl.png

Does anyone have the alignment pin for the crankshaft pulley? I am going to machine one this weekend and need the dimensions if possible. The oem sheered AGAIN.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz