Craigslist Find Prescott, AZ

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Significantly more complicated story behind this particular one. It’s Chalet #0589, built in 8/76, I first saw it in a series of Spokane WA / Idaho Craigslist ads back in 2007. It later ended up in a Dallas Craigslist ad in 2014, and was bought by one of the guys in our Yahoo Chalet forum who also set up his own Chalets / Casa Grandes Facebook page. He is the guy with the "receipts" mentioned in the Craigslist ad, if you want to get technical about it, and did the lift and engine mods, and he still has his own photos of it in the header photo of his FB page. He sold it to the dealer/flipper Dutch Safari company in Austin Texas, which did nothing to it while attempting to flip it for double the price on Craigslist and then four times on eBay - their last listing link for it still works.

Where it gets complicated is in the way some guy copied ’n pasted all the info and photos off the Dutch Safari eBay listing at this still-functioning Harlingen TX ad, (with a Houston company contact number where the people at that place says he doesn't work there), but he cut the price in half back to a reasonable amount, while also offering free shipping for it via a highly suspect-looking ‘sale handling’ website (which just recently vanished). In the midst of one potential buyer corresponding directly with the Harlingen 'seller' while also emailing me to find out if I knew anything about it, one of the other Facebook Chalet guys spotted it in Prescott AZ, even though the seller told the guy I was corresponding with that it was still in Texas. So, the low price seller is most likely a scammer who has nothing to do with the rig, since the slick escrow/shipping website happens to be the same outfit described at this July 21 post at a BMW site about scam sellers.

Now it’s seen in Prescott, with AZ plates, at over double the price, with just a new giant honkin’ vinyl logo on the passenger side, a different set of wheels (or not, depending on which photos you prefer at the current Craigslist ad) .................. and an Austin area code contact phone number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier