Craig's 1989 RRC

Douglas

Observer
Craig, I see your RRC around my neighborhood every so often. I am an avid Ham, so your license plate always grabs my attention. I live in Ballard.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yep, the radio is tuned to 146.520 all the time, though I don't usually have it on in the city. I'll start leaving it on.

K7NAV

craig

No sexy pics, but the Rangie got a fresh R380 from Ashcroft installed, reconditioned radiator, and a new Defender LT230 also from Ashcroft (to gear it correctly for 32" tires). With the rebuilt 200TDI the drivetrain is in great shape now.

On to the interior.. If anyone knows where I can get a good set of RRC carpets, please let me know.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Craig, do you have any more pictures of the winch install? I've a couple of Pearce's, an Old Ramsey RE12000 short drum, all the bits to make a Husky 8000 and a rather nice Desert Winds 9500 - so I'm interested in mounting one on the front of my '93 200Tdi Disco

craig

Craig, do you have any more pictures of the winch install? I've a couple of Pearce's, an Old Ramsey RE12000 short drum, all the bits to make a Husky 8000 and a rather nice Desert Winds 9500 - so I'm interested in mounting one on the front of my '93 200Tdi Disco

Not really. I could crawl under there and take a few if you want. In the end it was a long process of mocking it up with cardboard, measuring 10x, and still cutting twice. :) I was fortunate to have a good friend who is an excellent fabricator help me realize my ideas in way that is both functional and safe.

craig

I'd be grateful - it would help fill in some blanks in my ideas sheet

I just crawled under there and there isn't much of anything to see from the underside. It really needs to be off the truck to see how it was put together. It's a winch tray that bolts directly to the frame. We cut out the bumper to place the tray inside and flushed the face of the bumper to the front of the winch tray as best we could to make it look clean.

Sorry I don't have anything better to show you.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior