Cracks on James Baroud Evasion

This is the post from the previous distributor that has me worried:
"I literally forwarded you an email again this week where we told you they were demo tents for a Canadian customer and when we tried to get them picked up you refused. They also sat at your warehouse for nearly a year where you could have easily checked the condition or asked about them. You paid us pennies on the dollar for them and now are blaming us for this mishap? "
My tent was installed by AR in late 2017, seemingly new, but no cloth cover. Seems like this probably is before the window when the demo tents would have been in the AR warehouse, but I think Baroud owners deserve reassurance that anybody who received a demo tent, damaged or not, has been contacted and made whole. As a Baroud owner over the past couple of years, I can say the only problem with these tents for me is confusion over recommended installation practices-should the crossbars extend beyond the sides of the tent, should there be foam or rubber between crossbars and tent, etc. There's a use guide on the official Baroud site now, which I believe is more than was available when I purchased my tent, but it still doesn't unequivocally answer these questions. Planning to start a thread on the subject sometime soon...
N.J. installed mine in January 2019. I see what you are saying now. How many people were sold demos? Were they defective or just not up to standards? No one will ever know unless you do start a thread. When you do I'll be there. Thanx for the info on the user guide. I just sent out an email to AR asking about sealant and re-torquing the bolts. The old one which was on the FJ for a year has scratches into the fiberglass underneath where it was mounted to the rack. As if it had moved around enough to wear it away. :(

I haven't been ab;e to reach anyone with information about sealant used on the bolts. Or re-torquing for that matter. Does anyone here use a sealant? Or find they had to re-torque bolts after the initial break-in?

The ones that go through the bottom of the fiberglass tent into the rails and then the load bars.
The bolts with the U clamps that came with the RTT.
Funny, that's what the guy at AR is asking.
What other bolts are there?

SP Jon M3

Observer
The ones that go through the bottom of the fiberglass tent into the rails and then the load bars.
The bolts with the U clamps that came with the RTT.
Funny, that's what the guy at AR is asking.
What other bolts are there?
I was thinking you might be talking about the bolts that hold the fan in. They were somewhat loose on my tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles