Cracks on James Baroud Evasion

I reached out to Antonio in Portugal recently because my tent has warranty issues. One of the things I asked about was if it was true that OK4WD lost their "dealership rights". I mentioned the USA website and that all tents were showing out of stock. I talked about the tent problem I have and thought I was going to get some answers. He has not contacted me since I sent him the pictures he asked for and the emails between myself and Craig Davidson. That was on July 27. The tent is a piece of art, but mine has issues. Hard to believe that the Baroud tent has only one American dealership left. The tent was installed in January. Took my first trip in April. Stopped at TAV 4 Wheel Drive while on the trip. They were honest and helpful and did sort of a temporary workaround. Getting home in May I have had no success with the tent's warranty issue. Can you help Adventure Ready?
Please note that the entire country of Portugal goes on government-mandated vacation for the entire month of August, so you will not hear back from them until next month. Jealous for sure but I understand it is frustrating here stateside!

Contacting Adventure-Ready today. Will update. At this point, I can't recommend the tent. There is no customer service, none. Warranty? What's that?
Could you provide me your name so I can check in on your issue?

Please note that the entire country of Portugal goes on government-mandated vacation for the entire month of August, so you will not hear back from them until next month. Jealous for sure but I understand it is frustrating here stateside!

Could you provide me your name so I can check in on your issue?
Hi >
Hello Adventure Ready, I sent a p.m.
Thank you for reaching out.

Hi >
Hello Adventure Ready, I sent a p.m.
Thank you for reaching out.
Hey Adventure Ready, Can you ask Baroud about tent covers and which RTT's come with them while you're at it?
20190825_175636.jpg20190825_175648.jpgAnother poster on the threads showed these came with his tent inside the box...

James Baroud company in Portugal is back to business, I heard from them yesterday and we are in the process of solving the warranty issue. Hope this helps for anyone who needs to contact them.
This is James Baroud direct, not the distributer Adventure Ready.

I wanted to update. James Baroud offered a full replacement when they came back from vacation. I am surprised but relieved. We discussed some possible issues but mostly since the tent was having so many of them, they just said they will ship a new one and I really appreciate it. Perhaps it was just that- a "lemon" ; not typical of James Baroud. Most of the people I spoke to did not have any of the issues so it must have been. Kinda sorry I lost faith but I was unaware of the dealer changes and I was out of options until I saw the posts on here about Adventure Ready. Thanx everyone.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Anyone had any recent luck with warranty issues through James Baroud?

I am supposed to get an Evasion XXL in black replaced, per an email from Antonio at James Baroud dated 9/24.

After a few un-answered emails to both Adventure Ready and JB I finally heard from JB yesterday that they instructed AR to replace my tent and were under the impression it had been replaced. It hasn’t and I have yet to hear from Adventure Ready after reaching out many times by phone, email, and social media.

Does anyone have a direct connection to these guys? I’m missing out on prime camping season and this has been going on since July.

They were all responsive at first but have since gone quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone had any recent luck with warranty issues through James Baroud?

I am supposed to get an Evasion XXL in black replaced, per an email from Antonio at James Baroud dated 9/24.

After a few un-answered emails to both Adventure Ready and JB I finally heard from JB yesterday that they instructed AR to replace my tent and were under the impression it had been replaced. It hasn’t and I have yet to hear from Adventure Ready after reaching out many times by phone, email, and social media.

Does anyone have a direct connection to these guys? I’m missing out on prime camping season and this has been going on since July.

They were all responsive at first but have since gone quiet.

I know Baroud in Portugal shut down for the entire month of August- it's a national holiday. I too, have emailed with JB and was told I could get a replacement and to please wait for November. Quote: "We have a new dealer, he has no tents in stock yet, will receive the first container in November, I ask you to wait until then". I said n.p. because I'm hoping the new dealer is somewhere near N.Y. I know there are other people who can install it. Maybe I will go to the local shop and ask for help getting it on and off. That would cost more but would be better, they could ship right to the garage. Engineer- are you close to Adventure Ready in Seattle? I'm sorry you're having trouble. I know I called them a couple of times when I was in Seattle and they answered right away. Not sure what is going on.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I know Baroud in Portugal shut down for the entire month of August- it's a national holiday. I too, have emailed with JB and was told I could get a replacement and to please wait for November. Quote: "We have a new dealer, he has no tents in stock yet, will receive the first container in November, I ask you to wait until then". I said n.p. because I'm hoping the new dealer is somewhere near N.Y. I know there are other people who can install it. Maybe I will go to the local shop and ask for help getting it on and off. That would cost more but would be better, they could ship right to the garage. Engineer- are you close to Adventure Ready in Seattle? I'm sorry you're having trouble. I know I called them a couple of times when I was in Seattle and they answered right away. Not sure what is going on.

I’m in Georgia unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles