Cowboy 4X4 van build up

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I'm happy I made/put these on..... We went exploring in Anza Borrego this past weekend and were dropping down into the slot in the badlands and hit the side of the wall.... They performed flawlessly, it was a solid hit, at first I thought I hit higher up and missed the rails all together but upon inspection it landed righted on target. This happened on the passenger side, it would have been a nasty dent in the rocker panel had these not been on. Nothing bent nothing damaged..... the rattle can came out today and they are good as new.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
How was the new suspension? Looks like you had some fun. Brent and I are heading out this weekend - join us.

I'm happy I made/put these on..... We went exploring in Anza Borrego this past weekend and were dropping down into the slot in the badlands and hit the side of the wall.... They performed flawlessly, it was a solid hit, at first I thought I hit higher up and missed the rails all together but upon inspection it landed righted on target. This happened on the passenger side, it would have been a nasty dent in the rocker panel had these not been on. Nothing bent nothing damaged..... the rattle can came out today and they are good as new.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Hey Ramsey...... your suspension set up works great...... ate up all the washboard roads and dips like a champ..... :)

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I got my new shower set up..... it is made by Eccotemp, They are used alot for home back yards, horse stables and so on (and RV's) of course. Just hook up to your propane and a pressurized water supply and go for it. I rigged it to just hang from the roof rack next to the shower/potty tent I did add some rubber bumpers on the back so it would not scratch the side of the van. I use a 12V Shurflow RV water pump for the supply.

Last edited:

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
I got my new shower set up..... it is made by Eccotemp, They are used alot for home back yards, horse stables and so on (and RV's) of course. Just hook up to your propane and a pressurized water supply and go for it. I rigged it to just hang from the roof rack next to the shower/potty tent I did add some rubber bumpers on the back so it would not scratch the side of the van. I use a 12V Shurflow RV water pump for the supply.

Had one of these showers on my offroad trailer. They work great below 10k feet.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
The roof rack is made from 1"x.120 round tube... conduit would/will not stand up to the abuse, also conduit is galvanized (a pain to weld AND toxic).

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Today "was" going to be just a quick coax cable install but..... the lid was the last part of the ceiling I had not insulated so while I had the liner down I decided to do everything at once. Insulation, CB antenna install, thermometer wires, power supply for four light bar lights, power supply for two side lights on each side of the van.... and stick it all back together before it got dark... The gauge is a TelTek informer that I had from a previous vehicle, I was/am out of dash real estate so I had to fab up this mount to attach to the headliner.

Last edited:

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I got tired of using the "bungee" method of holding the side door open so I made my own version of someone else idea for a door holder.

I also got my solar set up... I picked this kit up from Solar blvd. they are only 15 miles from my house. I decided to get the 160 watt folding panel kit (can never have enough) solar going on.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
My van started out as a passenger van so I have a ton of glass... this last trip to the desert the cold came through the glass something fierce sooooo... off to Home Depot for some Reflectix. All the windows now have there own little panel.

I was trying to figure out how I was going to store that much reflectix and then it dawned on me.... I could put them inside the storage bag that has the solar panel in it. So now the panel has protection and I have a place for the reflectix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles