Cowboy 4X4 van build up

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Ok..... so there has been a plot twist in my Ambo mini mod build.... The HOA won out as I cannot do any major work where I live and I tried everything possible to figure a way to make it work but to no avail... no go.So with that being said I picked up this 1998 Ford E350 quigly with a V10..... I will be able to do the mods I want and still be able not tick off the HOA.....This is what it looked like when I picked it up.I will post more as the build progresses.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Not a border patrol van.... I actually bought it from another forum member here... so he will get to see it progress...... now that you mention it now that fed gov is closed I wonder if we can all get a good deal on used 4x4 vans????? (wishful thinking I suppose)

cowboy4x4

Explorer
The van had grey headlight bezels grey bumper and a chrome grill, non of which worked for me..... Black out all to match including the rear bumper. I also tinted the turn signals.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I use this Rustoleum spray product, they call it a truck bed protector but it is by no means anything like line X or similar products. This does have a light texture to it and that is what I like about it. It is also a bit more durable than just regular spray paint and it sticks really well to plastic chrome.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Nice van my friend and Welcome to the club! Looking forward to your build out.
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

upndown

Adventurer
:drool:..Looks like a great starting platform! I could never again live in a subdivision especially with a HOA. Looking forward to your build.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Time for the floor, I have been driving around for two weeks with no flooring material what so ever..... I couldnt hear my self think and I felt like I was being cooked like an egg.
I had the neoprene material that I was going to use in the ambo so now it went in this van instead. I filled in the low voids first to level out the floor.

Then a continuous piece on top of that.

Then the new floor mat. I was going to use 3/4 plywood but decided to keep it a rubber mat floor instead. The new mat has some insulation/sound backing on it as well.

The new cargo floor mat.

I did the front area as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles