COVID prices .. just me ?

UHAULER

Explorer
It's crazy. I would have thought with the pandemic and uncertain times people would be saving and conservative with their money. Maybe all of the people who went crazy in the last 6 months will start selling off this winter ? Wishfull thinking ?

Right after 9/11 is when I went out and bought a new dirtbike. A year earlier I had sold my dirtbike and Toyota 4wd when we had bought a newer, more expensive house with a bigger payment. Getting rid of toys and concentrating on the new house seemed the right thing to do, but right after 9/11 it seemed like life and death was so random and you never know when your time is up, it was time to start having more fun.

Part of me feels the same way now, instead of waiting around, maybe it's time to get out and have more fun experiences.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It's crazy. I would have thought with the pandemic and uncertain times people would be saving and conservative with their money.
This was our train of thought given the job uncertainty up here. Besides Covid the oil and gas industry is suffering as well. Go figure.
They can have at it with all the crazy spending but, I think I'll sit that one out.

1000arms

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Did you take the expression "be prepared for when the scat hits the fan" a bit too literally? :cool:

Feeling flushed in the face? Just roll with it! :cool:
ssqryWc.gif

When I crack these jokes, that is pretty much the reaction I get from my kids, haha

1000arms

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Our battery supplier here in BC says orders to RV dealers are insane, about the busiest he has ever been. I was also chatting with a local RV dealer a couple weeks ago, their lot is bare, they've sold everything they have and can get their hands on. They are advertising to place deposits on pre-orders of certain campers for delivery in mid 2021.

MotoMind

We have seen neighbors occupying camper trailers in their driveway as offices, people with loss of income moving out of their homes due to owners selling and being forced into RVs, just generally the need for isolated living space when on the go, plus the desire for objects as a substitute for travel or other social experiences. Anectdotally, even weird things like music CD sales in record stores are off the hook. People with money have money and it's got to go somewhere...

Wakeup2river

3 trillion in stimulus went out and no one is really sure where it went exactly. It rained money on a lot of people and they are spending it. Ever see the average American consumer with any level of fiscal responsibility, LOL 2008

A friend got $14k and gets 4,600 a month for his wife and himself on unemployment all the while they opened businesses managing vacation homes and are double dipping and busy. SIL had a small hobby biz ( husband retired with full pension) She calls to say she just got a debit card with $9,000 on it from uncle sam.

The Navajos were awarded $38,000,000 to install electricity in 100 homes on the rez. Labs are reimbursed $100 per covid test- do the math. People are making bank, LOL 70K for a 97 land cruiser- heck I’ll take 3. ?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
3 trillion in stimulus went out and no one is really sure where it went exactly. It rained money on a lot of people and they are spending it. Ever see the average American consumer with any level of fiscal responsibility, LOL 2008

A friend got $14k and gets 4,600 a month for his wife and himself on unemployment all the while they opened businesses managing vacation homes and are double dipping and busy. SIL had a small hobby biz ( husband retired with full pension) She calls to say she just got a debit card with $9,000 on it from uncle sam.

The Navajos were awarded $38,000,000 to install electricity in 100 homes on the rez. Labs are reimbursed $100 per covid test- do the math. People are making bank, LOL 70K for a 97 land cruiser- heck I’ll take 3. ?
Yeah no kidding. It's insane.

We were lucky that both our jobs were deemed essential. So we just kept working.

Because of that, we never applied for the Canadian CERB benefit.... cause why would we? Our livelihood wasn't affected...... So for us it's continue on as usual.

jeep364

You tell me the date a vaccine is announed fer COVID..... and I'll say advertize it fer sale 6 months sooner. My bet is the thought of returning to normal with a vaccine will upset the market again. IF you want to get rid of the overlanding lifestyle..... SELL. But there is no way to replace it without paying a premium.
Not to be political, but election is over one way or the other - we'll be returning to normal far sooner than later. Eg. already articles in the 'news' suggesting indoor concerts may return, aspirin may be a treatment, etc. I suspect prices in this area will remain high for some time though. Lagging indicator imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles