Covello's 1991 White SWB 300GD w463

ILIAN

Adventurer
Nothing wrong with the bolt on design of the FR rack. The Uprack is nice but shipping something big like that here will cost a fortune. There's another company that makes a rack like the Uprack with bolt on design but it's about $500 more than the FR one

thebigblue

Adventurer
Thanks for the tip!! Your rack looks great (instagram too!) I'll do some research and some more reading. This could be a good option, i'll have to sort out the bike and surfboard mounts tho (that's sorta what I need)

Thanks ;)

I use FR mountain bike mounts and FR Jerry Can mount for my UpRack roof rack - all the FR stuff bolts to the rack easily.

Covello

Nothing wrong with the bolt on design of the FR rack. The Uprack is nice but shipping something big like that here will cost a fortune. There's another company that makes a rack like the Uprack with bolt on design but it's about $500 more than the FR one

Oh really? Do you remember who it is??

Covello

Back to Big Bear this weekend. No offroading, I went camping and did the triathlon, but I did manage to get out at sunset and snap a couple pics!

27752735006_138fdd1539_c.jpg

27686493782_9091f89d13_c.jpg

dougemmett

Did you have any trouble with CHP?????
I had a hell of time a time registering a 85' 300GD... guy at CHP told me it was grey market and illegally imported (even though I had STACKS of paperwork to prove otherwise... down to papers from 1985 re import, etc). I gave up. Sold to a friend up in SFO and he had it registered no problem in 10 minutes after trying two different DMVs. just curious about your experience. I went to Pasadena CHP.

Covello

What a beautiful machine! I love it without flares, it is just right!

Oh!! but I'm pretty sure I'm putting flares on it!! haha.

Did you have any trouble with CHP?????
I had a hell of time a time registering a 85' 300GD... guy at CHP told me it was grey market and illegally imported (even though I had STACKS of paperwork to prove otherwise... down to papers from 1985 re import, etc). I gave up. Sold to a friend up in SFO and he had it registered no problem in 10 minutes after trying two different DMVs. just curious about your experience. I went to Pasadena CHP.

Oh man! i'm sorry to hear about your tough time!! That's crazy that he could register it in california still when you had so much trouble. I wonder if it's worth the drive for me! :p :p

Covello

Looking for new wheels and tires!!

I think I want 31" or 32" tires. And might do the polyurethane 30mm lifts.

I am currently shopping for new wheels and tires. Here is what I am contemplating:

18" Ashtaroths

28221840596_13f0c11153_c.jpg

VS

7x15"

28221840726_6fa1ab257f_z.jpg

VS

6"x16"

Pretty similar to the ones above, but 16"

28221840816_dc1acf47b7_m.jpg

I really like the Ashtaroths, I originally wanted 16" but paying $2500 and ordering them from Europe seems a bit silly, so anyways questions:

- The 18" only weight 2 more pounds than the 16s, so will they really kill my fuel efficiency / torque that much?
- I like the look of big tires, but with 18s over 16"s (or 15"s) will that affect anything other than the look? I don't imagine doing CRAZY offroading, but would like to go on some fun trails where I won't get body damage. What about on road performance for 18s over 16s? How does that affect things with the tire diameter staying the same.
- Being not that powerful of a car, does it make much of a differences going 16 vs 15? Does the width of the rim matter at all? or just the overall width of the tire matter? Also, what would you suggest for a tire width for my vehicle?

I know it's a lot of questions, but any advice would be good.

Covello

Drove Pinyon Ridge Trail today. It was a good one!! The smoke from the Santa Clarita fires gave the photo a sexy but morbid haze.

28403078562_fe271ec88b_c.jpg

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Looking for new wheels and tires!!

I think I want 31" or 32" tires. And might do the polyurethane 30mm lifts.

Get 16" Atiks, and put more rubber on them if you want larger diameter.

That's the way I went from 18" Ashtaroths, and have not looked back.

Covello

Get 16" Atiks, and put more rubber on them if you want larger diameter.

That's the way I went from 18" Ashtaroths, and have not looked back.

wait you had 18" Ashtaroths and downsized to 16"?

What are the 16" Atiks? do you have pics or a link??

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
wait you had 18" Ashtaroths and downsized to 16"?

What are the 16" Atiks? do you have pics or a link??

Yes, the 16" Atiks are standard on a lot of non-US G's. See attached

Attachments

• ARB_MB_G500as.jpg
    ARB_MB_G500as.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz