Couple pics from Seattle and Vancouver

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Great pics Seth, it must have been nice to have a break form the heat. Please tell us a bit more about your trip, albeit a short one.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Nice pics Seth!

Can you believe that I was living in Seattle as a young boy and watched them build the Space Needle? I even built a model of the Space Needle and painted it to match! It was really something back then!

You've just made yourself The ExPo Official Old Fart! :clapsmile

Ok, ok. It's all in good fun.

But Vancouver looks killer!
brandywine_falls.jpg

Seth, sweet photos.

seth_js

Explorer
chet said:
nice pics. You missed me by a ferry ride! I am on vancouver Island

If I had an extra day, I would have ferried over to the island. Everyone says it's beautiful. Plus, its steve nash's homeland. :p

-Seth

Willman

Seattle is where it is at!!!! Nice pics seth!!! Should have PM me and i could have took you for a little tour of the hotspots of downtown...eating,shopping, picture sites and etc......No worries...looks like you had fun!!!!:sunflower

paulj

Expedition Leader
Brandywine Falls in an interesting place to camp. The provincial park camping area is close to sharp railroad curve - one that is sharp enough to require a track lubricating device. Right after the curve, the tracks cross above the steam in the picture (just before the falls).

There's some nice hiking in the park as well.

A bit further south there's a trail leading up to the Lake Garibaldi area. At the head of this valley is a cliff that was formed when a lava flow ran into a glacier.

To the north is Whistler.

One of these days I want to drive up this valley and then take the Hurley Road to the Carpenter Lake area.

paulj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior