couple of random and general questions

garrycol

Question 1 scares the crap out of me. Land Rovers are not like a kneeling elephant. That little compressor cannot perform that trick on frequent, daily basis. Do me a favor and have her try something around the height of an Acura MDX, maybe a Nissan Murrano, BMX X3 or X5, Volvo XC90, or the 10 or 12 Mercedes models that start with the letter G.

Question 2: sounds like a failing battery and potentially a failing alternator. They are wearable parts. 3 years is the average life span on an LR3.

1. Range Rover L322 Suspension Heights and Modes_zpsxb2fzgi5.jpgAttached are some heights

2. What you experienced is all normal - the battery was down a little (can be for a range of reasons and is not a fault) - the vehicle protects itself by shutting some non essential systems down such as the radio - hence low power etc. After driving it a bit the charge in the battery comes back and the message goes away and the radio works normally. Lots of short trips can cause this, among a lot of other scenarios - is not normally a fault.

Al Blue4.6l

1. View attachment 621219Attached are some heights

2. What you experienced is all normal - the battery was down a little (can be for a range of reasons and is not a fault) - the vehicle protects itself by shutting some non essential systems down such as the radio - hence low power etc. After driving it a bit the charge in the battery comes back and the message goes away and the radio works normally. Lots of short trips can cause this, among a lot of other scenarios - is not normally a fault.

Yup. Mine lives outside and has always done it on cold mornings.

krick3tt

Adventurer
When I bought my 07 LR3 the owner had installed a bit of bling and that included 22 inch wheels so he never used the compressor and it was trash. It was replaced with the more sturdy style that was standard on the LR4 and (for five years) I have had no issues since. I have to lower the LR to get in and out my garage and then raise it for road height. If I forget the vehicle atomically raises to road height after about a block, great feature.
If the compressor fails on your Mom's new (to her) LR it is not a real issue to replace the unit. There are many videos on Youtube or Atlantic British website. When it was time to replace my brake pads I checked in with Youtube and AB for a bit of instruction before doing the job and it went smoothly. I have done many drum brakes (many old cars to my credit) but had never done disc brakes before.
Be safe, be sure to block up the vehicle if you have to lift it to work on it.

Eric K

Observer
thanks for that chart! Interesting that the RRC is almost 2 inches higher in access mode. Where did you find that?

garrycol

thanks for that chart! Interesting that the RRC is almost 2 inches higher in access mode. Where did you find that?
I have had that chart for many years and cannot recall where it came from. I have never seen the heights of the last RRC with air suspension - where did you find that? If you have heights I can add that to the heights I have.

Cheers

Garry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles