Couple lost in corn maze calls 911

LR Max

Local Oaf
The word "weak" comes to mind when reading this.

Jeez. If it was THAT bad I would've just called the farm. Then again the 20 minute maze sounds about right for me.

I'm kinda mixed about it. Ok, yeah, it was weak. But obviously they were unprepared (mentally), but it was getting dark and they had a baby with them. The worst part about the whole thing was the transcript "I never took my daughter out, this is the first time. Never again."

Yup, that's it. You messed up a little bit, but everything is FINE. Why would you continue to cower in your living room? Yeah sure, National Geographic Channel is all your daughter really needs anyway. :(

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
They said they could see the lights. You just walk towards them and you are done. I mean, really, corn does not grow so thick that you can not walk through it.

Yeah I agree, they say they will never take their daughter out again. Poor sheltered child... ;)

They said they could see the lights. You just walk towards them and you are done. I mean, really, corn does not grow so thick that you can not walk through it.

Yeah I agree, they say they will never take their daughter out again. Poor sheltered child... ;)

Yes they are idiots and have been through many corn mazes, both day and night back in New England, heck even worked one once.

That said, you would be regretting the day you tried to walk through a dense field of corn. Even more so with a baby. I did it once, never again. Corn husks are very sharp. Its hard to go through a field of corn without getting cuts and scratches. Still idiots though. Good thing they didn't have a SPOT with them.

Last edited:
Actually took the family to a corn maze yesterday. We did get lost slightly towards the end. Well, I knew how to get back to an emergency exit, but wanted to actually finish instead of bailing out. We could have easily scooted through the corn to get out also. In fact, we had to tell my son to stop cheating by walking through the rows. Maybe because the corn is wilting since it's so late in the season.

inelle

This has got to be one of the horrors I really would not want to experience. I am game for mazes like this as they really are challenging but I would not like to go into the middle of plants for taller than me with the risk of me getting lost right in the mix of things. Though I reckon that there would be something overlooking the maze just in case something similar comes up.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This has got to be one of the horrors I really would not want to experience. I am game for mazes like this as they really are challenging but I would not like to go into the middle of plants for taller than me with the risk of me getting lost right in the mix of things. Though I reckon that there would be something overlooking the maze just in case something similar comes up.

I grew up running around playing hide and seek in cornfields. Its remarkably easy to tell what way you are going, or where you are...once you get used to it. But then, I'm the sort that can always tell where north is, and rarely get lost. Did I learn that skill playing in corn fields and forests as a child, or is it inherent ability? I think its learned.

But...its in rows.... Just walk along the row.

Not in most corn mazes there not. They are not set up like a typical field of corn.

What's strange about this is that all of the corn mazes I worked at in New England had platforms set up and workers stationed in each one that could see most of the corn maze in case someone did get lost. I guess this was one of the few that didn't

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Not in most corn mazes there not. They are not set up like a typical field of corn.

What's strange about this is that all of the corn mazes I worked at in New England had platforms set up and workers stationed in each one that could see most of the corn maze in case someone did get lost. I guess this was one of the few that didn't

The maze may not be in rows but what he meant is the corn is planted in rows. No excuses for not finding your way out of the maze. The guy that was lost offiicially gets his MAN CARD revoked for life!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94