Could These Guys Really Be the Next Serious Contender for Electric 4WD Trucks?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The New Lordstown Motors Electric Truck Could Be Your Next Truck....if you are waiting a few years to buy.

Introducing the Endurance, the newest entry into the U.S. Electric Truck market

“The Endurance will match, even outperform, a traditional gasoline pickup in every way.

"We expect it to be extremely rough and rugged, but it’s silent and fast. It’s strong enough to tow, but if you’re not towing it’s very fast," Burns said, adding it can go from zero to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds.

And it can get out of a jam, such as the mud, because it has a precise, computer-controlled motor built into each wheel. The software slows down the wheels, preventing slippage, giving the vehicle better traction than a traditional pickup, Burns said.

The Endurance, built using components licensed from electric-truck maker Workhorse near Cincinnati, is priced at $52,500 and it's eligible for the $7,500 instant tax rebate. The Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado both start around $28,500 and can go up to $55,000 or more for top trim levels.

But with the Endurance...there are no gasoline costs, in fact it is the equivalent to 75 miles per gallon. It is almost maintenance-free, too, with no big engine or moving parts to break on it.

It is a light-weight, all-wheel-drive vehicle. Four in-wheel computerized motors propel it. If a front right in-wheel motor malfunctions, the front left wheel's motor will turn off automatically, allowing the driver to get home using rear-wheel drive...”

70DA142B-D688-42C8-9C58-4E7F41E95055.jpeg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It looks like a Mitsubishi Raider and a Chevy had intercourse.

I don't put much thought into these electric off road trucks until I see one in person and can touch and drive it.

100% for these trucks- I just want to see them get past the development stage and start production.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I feel a lot of echoes of Preston Tucker in many of these proposed truck makers. They know there is a market there, but can’t quite financially reach it as a startup from zero.

jkam

nomadic man
One based on a F-550 and heavy duty enough to take a significant payload.
And it has to be able to travel 500 miles without needing recharged with that load.
and on and on.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
It looks like a Mitsubishi Raider and a Chevy had intercourse

Don’t know about you guys fantasizing about inanimate mechanical things having sex...but for those of you who do,
you might enjoy viewing this appropriately named Two Trucks Having Sex youtube video ?

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
That has to be the best looking electric vehicle yet, mostly because it doesn't look like an electric vehicle. Still, I would have to put some big driving lights on either side of where the grill should be so that it looked like a regular truck.

Lovetheworld

@Frenyeah but how often do you drive those 800 miles in a day?
And with a Tesla you can already do that. Just not with a 4x4 truck yet. But when all of these will be available, with some you will be able to do it.

Next to that, since most trips are pretty short and certainly don't require 4x4, you could have a very simple electric car with little range to keep it cheap, and then have a regular 4x4 next tot it for when you need it. This is of course only relevant if it is not your work truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier