Costway Fridge

reaper229

44 quart
aa176c207d0626d3a253bd5b7b8fcdec.jpg
db731e40aa7b64f271adf326bec9530a.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Dirtball

Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to say that I've been using the Costway 54qt for over a year and have been super happy with it. Of course it gets used much more in the summer, but serves as an overflow fridge or freezer at home when not traveling. I made a cover out of Reflextix for mine and cut an inside blanket as well. It seems to help. My main concern was the sun beating on it in the back of the 4Runner when parked. I hope someone finds this useful.

Attachments

• 20200423_102417.jpg
    20200423_102417.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • 20200423_102402.jpg
    20200423_102402.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • 20200423_102426.jpg
    20200423_102426.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to say that I've been using the Costway 54qt for over a year and have been super happy with it. Of course it gets used much more in the summer, but serves as an overflow fridge or freezer at home when not traveling. I made a cover out of Reflextix for mine and cut an inside blanket as well. It seems to help. My main concern was the sun beating on it in the back of the 4Runner when parked. I hope someone finds this useful.
Nothing to forgive mate, there is nothing wrong in adding to the info (y)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If this Costway was installed in an off road type trailer how do you think it would hold up to the ride... like washboard roads? I agree I may go for the less cost because of less use if it would holdup when used :)
I've got the 44 in the back of my offroad teardrop. It's resting on a 1" dense foam bed and I wrapped it in the same 1" foam ----- in my 86 degree garage, the outside of the fridge was 73-74 degrees without the foam and 84 degrees with the foam....
It's been in there almost a year and still works great.
I nailed it for $213 by using my Amazon-****.

john61ct

Adventurer
wow now that's a deal, even if it only lasts 2-3 years!

anyone ever tried to get parts or service after warranty expired?

brand nothing to do with CostCo amirite?

trae

Adventurer
wow now that's a deal, even if it only lasts 2-3 years!

anyone ever tried to get parts or service after warranty expired?

brand nothing to do with CostCo amirite?

Problem with taking a gamble on a item like this is that if anything at all goes wrong you'll spend a bundle shipping it back because no way the manufacturer or amazon will pay for it. this will immediately destroy any of the savings you may have realized initially.

john61ct

Adventurer
Maybe eBay seller has to pay return shipping if Not As Described.

Some credit cards also.

Anyway long as not international shipping cost's not too bad.

Same problem with even the best brand you pay $1400 for, stuff happens

Florida Native

I have a Costway 32 quart that I picked up at the end of last year. It appears to be more of a car camping fridge than off road rugged which suits me just fine. Been running it non-stop for the last month plus as an overflow at home. A little noisier than I would have liked but it holds the set temperature and only runs about 15% of the time (in the house).

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I own a few fridges and the true 4x4 fridges are great but there is nothing wrong with any of the other brands out there, If the food is fresh and the Beer is Cold what else matters, thing is You Have a fridge and that means you can go off and have a ball (y)

Live the Dream (y) ? ? ?

dunhammrocco

I bought this exact Fridge about 3 months ago (though initially I wasn't sure having read costway reviews) and I have used it driving from LA to Vegas when it was about 115 and the fridge performed well. It got cool very quickly. Held the cool temp at 38 degrees well!

Last edited:

Florida Native

Mine has been running non-stop for almost the last year. Around 10,000 miles in a vehicle (almost entirely paved roads). It has been working great. No problems with noise having it at the foot of the bed when sleeping (probably around 20 nights in the vehicle with it).

-Mike

alia176

Explorer
I haven an engel MT-45U for the last, oh I don't know, 17 years I think. I'd love a 50q unit with a sideways opening lid and been looking at the AlipiCool/Costways/etc fridges. Thing is, I'd love another analog controlled fridges as I despise digital analog control boards. I know, I know, i'm old fashioned but I'm also an electrical engineer who seems to despise having to troubleshoot digital/analog devices. :rolleyes: I think it's a pipe dream to wish for another less costly fridge with analog controls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles