Costway Fridge

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I haven an engel MT-45U for the last, oh I don't know, 17 years I think. I'd love a 50q unit with a sideways opening lid and been looking at the AlipiCool/Costways/etc fridges. Thing is, I'd love another analog controlled fridges as I despise digital analog control boards. I know, I know, i'm old fashioned but I'm also an electrical engineer who seems to despise having to troubleshoot digital/analog devices. :rolleyes: I think it's a pipe dream to wish for another less costly fridge with analog controls.
As an easy Go to Fridge I bought the Dometic CDF-18 which is a 12v fridge and I bought a cheap 10Ah AC to DC 12v power supply and it has an analog Dial on it and I love it, Powerwise it averages about 3.7w per hour OR 0.30Ah in 60 to 70*f temps and when it's hotter it still uses very little power, I own at leased 4 or 5 fridges and this one is my favourite, I love the low power draw, With a pair of 115Ah Deep Cycle Batteries it will run for over 2 weeks running them down to 50%,

I have used the it as a daily fridge just to see if could and It easily managed the job for one person for up to 10 days at a time maybe more, and In the Camper/Van it is so quiet that I could not hear it with it placed under the Head end of the bed at night, So much so I had to check to see if it was still working,

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior