Costco (WaterPORT) 8 gal / 30 L water tank -- pressurizable, rooftop-mountable -- $280

4xdog

Explorer
Costco has a new product listed these days -- a WaterPORT plastic water tank capable of being pressurized through a Shraeder valve and mounted on a vehicle's rack. I'm not sure I'd be in a hurry to mount over 90 lb / 40 kg that high on any of my vehicles, but, hey, it might give some of y'all ideas.

It's 50" x 9" x 9" (127 cm x 23 cm x 23 cm).

Item number 1546692. $280 including shipping. The same product is $380 through the WaterPORT site.

i-PxMS7Gs.jpg

MiamiC70

That’s a GREAT price!
I love mine and have found it to be a terrific, well designed and fantastic addition to my rig.

robert

Expedition Leader
I think I'll stick to the cheap homemade PVC pipe version for that price. I want to say I had maybe twenty bucks in the last one I helped a friend build but I know the prices on everything in the big box stores have gone up.

robert

Expedition Leader
Somewhere around here is a great thread on modifying and pressurizing the caps of the 20L Sceptre water cans.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/pressurized-scepter-jerry-can-faucet-and-shower.76944/

I seem to recall someone posting a thread where they used a submersible pump* also and there have been a couple of people who built pump set-ups using one of the Shurflo (and similar) pumps.

*Example I found with a quick search: https://www.karibaproducts.co.za/im...Solutions - 5.5L ECO-Plus Shower Pump Kit.pdf

I use a cheap plastic pump sprayer from Home Depot or a Simple Shower (plug for a forum member who makes these).

MiamiC70

This thread is a rollercoaster. Great price... cost too much. Use a bug sprayer or random pipes instead. And now it seems that the waterport has traumatized a user so bad that it's all they post about. I don't know what to believe.
I’ll simply it for you. WaterPorts work and look great!
Also, since it is an actually designed, engineered and manufactured product vs. plumbing leftovers from Home Depot your rig won’t end up looking like the ECTO 1 mobile from Ghostbusters.

Reactions: CSG

Tacoma_David

This thread is a rollercoaster. Great price... cost too much. Use a bug sprayer or random pipes instead. And now it seems that the waterport has traumatized a user so bad that it's all they post about. I don't know what to believe.

lol just to shove another idea into your head, the RinseKit would be a way better portable water system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles