Costco has a RTT

mobydick 11

Sorry for the miss understanding . if i was calling you Richard I would say hello Richard . when i put Richard at the end I am signing off. and yes my friends call me ******** . too late for me to go back to school ,so i guess this is it . And on topic the sale ends tomorrow

Wallygator

Adventurer
Sorry for the miss understanding . if i was calling you Richard I would say hello Richard . when i put Richard at the end I am signing off. and yes my friends call me ******** . too late for me to go back to school ,so i guess this is it . And on topic the sale ends tomorrow

I have never heard of that sign off.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
...Any one ever think about getting one ,cutting the center out and bolting it to a low roof van .?? It would make for a cheap pop top ,as they go for over 4 G . Please tell me I am not the only one with crazy thoughts . Have a great day Richard

We (AutoHomeUSA) have had several customers do this. Sometimes successfully. Not really a true pop top without working out a way to open the 'tent' from inside the vehicle. It HAS been dome, tho'.

jmbrowning

They're back at $1799 until May 28. Limit 5 per customer.

Silverwing SWT90 Hard Shell Roof Tent
The Silverwing SWT90 Hard Shell Roof Tent is the best roof top tent on the market. With an interior footprint of 86″x51″, this tent is big enough for two adults and their gear. The interior volume is 90 cubic feet.

The roomy usable interior dimensions are 82″x48″x39″ (LxWxH). With this size, it’s easy to sleep and be very comfortable with two adults. Setup time is 1 minute and takedown time is 3 minutes.

This is the perfect tent for any on-the-road or off-the-road adventures. You’ll stay dry and have peace of mind, being up and away from the rocks, mud, and creepy crawlies.

The ladder is adjustable up to 8.5′ and easily stores in the SWT90 roof top tent. Standard features include large rain awning for entry, fully zipped doors and windows with mesh to block the no-see-ums, all windows and doors can fully unzip for maximum ventilation, large hanging storage net on the ceiling, two personal storage pockets for shoes and personal items (one on each end), metal hooks for hanging gear, and 2.3″ HDF comfy mattress with removable cover.

The SWT90 is a versatile clam shell car roof top tent with ample storage for cargo, sleeping gear, and other equipment while traveling. All your gear is stored in the tent shell making setup a breeze and giving you more room in your vehicle. This makes for a pop-up and ready-to-camp design.

We build high-quality products to give you many years of enjoyment. Because of this we include high quality, customer-favorite product features:
ABS hard shell with reinforced base
Car protector kick pad
Water resistant tent fabric and zippers
Safety straps to hold your ladder in place while in the tent
Thick comfy foam mattress
Large windows and door with screens for the no-see-ums and creepy crawlies
Oversized windows for maximum ventilation when required
Deluxe 8.5′ adjustable aluminum ladder
Solar charged LED lantern with fan
Aerodynamic design for great fuel economy
Large rain awning for entry
The unit comes pre-assembled (requires NO assembly) and only requires installation on your vehicle of choice. Once installed with the included mounting brackets the hard-shell roof tent is ready to use at a moment's notice. Please note that some vehicles may require an aftermarket roof rack to accommodate the SWT90.

Product Features
Fully zipped door and windows with mesh
1 window on each end and a larger one opposite of the large entry door
All windows and doors can fully unzip for maximum ventilation
Large hanging storage net on the ceiling
Two personal storage pockets for shoes and personal items (one on each end)
2.3″ HDF comfy mattress with removable cover and metal hanging hooks
Product Specifications
Interior dimensions: 82″x48″x39″
Exterior open dimensions: 86″x51″x41″
Exterior closed dimensions: 86″x51″x11″
Weight (unpacked): 154 lb.
Shell material: Reinforced ABS shell
Tent fabric: Water resistant 600 Denier Oxford fabric
Mesh size: 75 Denier polyester
Other Benefits
Quick and easy setup and take-down
Storage of sleeping pads and gear while traveling
Off the ground and away from critters
Dry and flat sleeping area
Strong and durable clam shell design to protect tent and gear
Fits most vehicles, UTVs, and trailers with accommodating rack systems
For more information about this product contact us at info@silverwingtents.com.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
You know...given how popular this overlanding thing has become, if more than one or two companies begin to truly mass produce RTTs with desired features, consistent quality, consistent availability, competitive pricing, and big box store retail locations...

The big boys are going to be in trouble.

RPhil

Adventurer
May be it is salmon season ,and they want to see the bears . cant find it on Costco Canada , but USA has them 1,699.99 . Any one ever think about getting one ,cutting the center out and bolting it to a low roof van .?? It would make for a cheap pop top ,as they go for over 4 G . Please tell me I am not the only one with crazy thoughts . Have a great day Richard

I would love to eventually do this to my Excursion. Here is the best example I could find:

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/ambuland-build-thread.103768/page-26#post-2249273

I have also considered going the custom route of making my own pop-top, but this idea seems much simpler.

Good luck!

mobydick 11

They're back at $1799 until May 28. Limit 5 per customer.

Silverwing SWT90 Hard Shell Roof Tent
The Silverwing SWT90 Hard Shell Roof Tent is the best roof top tent on the market. With an interior footprint of 86″x51″, this tent is big enough for two adults and their gear. The interior volume is 90 cubic feet.

The roomy usable interior dimensions are 82″x48″x39″ (LxWxH). With this size, it’s easy to sleep and be very comfortable with two adults. Setup time is 1 minute and takedown time is 3 minutes.

This is the perfect tent for any on-the-road or off-the-road adventures. You’ll stay dry and have peace of mind, being up and away from the rocks, mud, and creepy crawlies.

The ladder is adjustable up to 8.5′ and easily stores in the SWT90 roof top tent. Standard features include large rain awning for entry, fully zipped doors and windows with mesh to block the no-see-ums, all windows and doors can fully unzip for maximum ventilation, large hanging storage net on the ceiling, two personal storage pockets for shoes and personal items (one on each end), metal hooks for hanging gear, and 2.3″ HDF comfy mattress with removable cover.

The SWT90 is a versatile clam shell car roof top tent with ample storage for cargo, sleeping gear, and other equipment while traveling. All your gear is stored in the tent shell making setup a breeze and giving you more room in your vehicle. This makes for a pop-up and ready-to-camp design.

We build high-quality products to give you many years of enjoyment. Because of this we include high quality, customer-favorite product features:
ABS hard shell with reinforced base
Car protector kick pad
Water resistant tent fabric and zippers
Safety straps to hold your ladder in place while in the tent
Thick comfy foam mattress
Large windows and door with screens for the no-see-ums and creepy crawlies
Oversized windows for maximum ventilation when required
Deluxe 8.5′ adjustable aluminum ladder
Solar charged LED lantern with fan
Aerodynamic design for great fuel economy
The unit comes pre-assembled (requires NO assembly) and only requires installation on your vehicle of choice. Once installed with the included mounting brackets the hard-shell roof tent is ready to use at a moment's notice. Please note that some vehicles may require an aftermarket roof rack to accommodate the SWT90.

Product Features
Fully zipped door and windows with mesh
1 window on each end and a larger one opposite of the large entry door
All windows and doors can fully unzip for maximum ventilation
Large hanging storage net on the ceiling
Two personal storage pockets for shoes and personal items (one on each end)
2.3″ HDF comfy mattress with removable cover and metal hanging hooks
Product Specifications
Interior dimensions: 82″x48″x39″
Exterior open dimensions: 86″x51″x41″
Exterior closed dimensions: 86″x51″x11″
Weight (unpacked): 154 lb.
Shell material: Reinforced ABS shell
Tent fabric: Water resistant 600 Denier Oxford fabric
Mesh size: 75 Denier polyester
Other Benefits
Quick and easy setup and take-down
Storage of sleeping pads and gear while traveling
Off the ground and away from critters
Dry and flat sleeping area
Strong and durable clam shell design to protect tent and gear
Fits most vehicles, UTVs, and trailers with accommodating rack systems
For more information about this product contact us at info@silverwingtents.com.

mobydick 11

How do you know when they are on Sale ? I was just at Costco and they are 1,999. checked Amazon and they are over 3,300 ,so Costco looks to be a good price even at the normal price. Could you let me know if they go on again ,thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior