Costco has a RTT

Florida Native

That annex thing over the ladder is very nice. First time I've seen something like that. It just makes sense! Does this RTT come with that?
Looks like it... "Removable privacy awning is included with the SWT90. Awning allows shelter and privacy for entry."

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
Why would anyone set up camp IN the creek?

Because with a RTT, you can. Then you can literally and figuratively look down on those poor land lubbers stuck in their ground tents on dry land, while you strike a Captain Morgan pose on top of your hood and haughtily laugh in their general direction.

I have always wanted to setup camp in a creek like that, but not many opportunities to do that in the desert. Waking up to the sound of running water right outside your tent. It's even better than waterfront property, it's waterunder property.

mobydick 11

May be it is salmon season ,and they want to see the bears . cant find it on Costco Canada , but USA has them 1,699.99 . Any one ever think about getting one ,cutting the center out and bolting it to a low roof van .?? It would make for a cheap pop top ,as they go for over 4 G . Please tell me I am not the only one with crazy thoughts . Have a great day Richard

rnArmy

Adventurer
May be it is salmon season ,and they want to see the bears . cant find it on Costco Canada , but USA has them 1,699.99 . Any one ever think about getting one ,cutting the center out and bolting it to a low roof van .?? It would make for a cheap pop top ,as they go for over 4 G . Please tell me I am not the only one with crazy thoughts . Have a great day Richard

Nope; that's called thinking outside the box. Like bolting a tent-cot on top of a trailer to use as an RTT.

Attachments

• drive_13 - Copy.jpg
    drive_13 - Copy.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Overlanding.1 - Copy.jpg
    Overlanding.1 - Copy.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 112
Someone has done this with a Trooper, over in the
Expedition Vehicles: Other

robert

Expedition Leader
Why would anyone set up camp IN the creek?

Looking at the other terrain in the picture, maybe it was the only level ground or they would have had to drive off the trail and onto more easily damaged ground? It's barely on the bottoms of the tires, not like they're deep and they're on rocks instead of soggy soil.

whitenoise

Adventurer
Back on topic. Other than being most likely a cheap Chinese tent with ABS instead of composite shells, the only redeeming feature of this seems to be an easy return policy and not having to deal with shipping etc like when you buy a name-brand tent like James Baroud or AutoHome. I'm not so sure this is as big of an advantage with a labor-intensive-to-install product like this.

With that budget, a used one of either of those tents would make a lot more sense (they both have great customer service even with used tents - replacement parts like latches etc are sent to your address with no questions asked). I hope someone buys it and posts a detailed review.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Wallygator

Adventurer

Who is Richard?;)

mobydick 11

He is a an old guy up in Canada . Likes to fix stuff up and modify it to suit his needs . current projects are rebuilding a VW Realta ,trying to change a JB500 Mitsubishi into an overlander and building a pilot house for a seaward fox sail boat ,restoring a 1965 Chevy 11 SS and a 1959 Austin Frog eye . why you ask? Richard . O I like what rnArmy has done with the trailer neat stuff .He will need to wait for the water to freeze to use that fishing hut though.

Wallygator

Adventurer
He is a an old guy up in Canada . Likes to fix stuff up and modify it to suit his needs . current projects are rebuilding a VW Realta ,trying to change a JB500 Mitsubishi into an overlander and building a pilot house for a seaward fox sail boat ,restoring a 1965 Chevy 11 SS and a 1959 Austin Frog eye . why you ask? Richard . O I like what rnArmy has done with the trailer neat stuff .He will need to wait for the water to freeze to use that fishing hut though.

Why are you calling me Richard? ********

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles