Corner lights and movable light bar

outofrshell

Adventurer
One feature I really liked on our 2000 Isuzu Trooper was the corner lighting when you signaled to turn a light came on on that side and illuminated where you were turning into. I wanted this on my 1989 Trooper but the signal stat has only one wire which is spit at the column so no continuos feed for left and right, so I used 2 micro switches mounted on each side of the turn signal cam where there is plenty of room inside the housing. Next I wired a hot lead to the switches and used a terminal on the ignition side of my electric panel that is fused. Wires were run from the micro sw. to a flush mount led light fastened to fender right below the V6 emblem making almost blend in.

More than enough light to see what your driving into

My other project was to improve my moveble light bar, I had originally used a choke cable but it was too long and flexable and the light was mounted with a friction fit to move on the bolts. Now the light bar is on bushings and a return spring moves it to it's rest position.I used a vacuum actuator and shortened and modified the choke cable to move the light. The vacuum lines are run to an air toggle switch mounted at the dash

Return spring

Down

Up

vitola231

Observer
if there was any car I owned that I ever missed it was my 1989 isuzu trooper, same wine colour as yours but with tan interior and like a metallic beige paint through the centre. Not saying it was good but it was truly a trooper and really fun to drive. I kind of remember the windshield being concave inward and seemed like no rain or snow ever seemed to touch it.

nothing had the visibility of that vehicle either, you must really like it off road.

outofrshell

Adventurer
I liken it to driving a fish bowl the visibility is one of the best in this class of vehicle. The 1st Gen. Troopers are one of the most over looked and under rated 4X4 in the US today, cheap to buy but as capable as almost any thing on 4 wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior