D45

Explorer
Good or bad?

My Duratracs have 55,000 miles on them and will need replacing soon

Found a nice used set for only $400

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Excellent.

Should do everything your DT's do, but Maxx's are built on the same carcass as the STT's. More durable.

txflyyaker

Observer
Been running the Maxx's (285/75/17) on my 15 CTD Ram 2500. Have over 35,000 miles on them, they handle the weight of the heavy diesel, balance very well and are wearing extremely well. When worn I will be replacing them with the same.

greg.potter

Adventurer
I have been running 12.5x37 ST MAXX's on my 2012 JKUR for a couple of years now. Much better on-road manners than the BFG KM2's that I was previously running and I have never felt like they let me down off-road.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have run 255/85/16's on the last couple of rigs including my heavy 1970 Burb, never an issue, held up through 30k of hard rock and highway.
Currently have the same size on my 2017 taco with Treehouse popup camper, also holding up great.

carterd

I love my ST Maax on my Land Cruiser. Great combination of all terrain aggressiveness, road manners, and longevity. I'd want to know the date code on the used tires before offering an opinion.

D45

Explorer
I love my ST Maax on my Land Cruiser. Great combination of all terrain aggressiveness, road manners, and longevity. I'd want to know the date code on the used tires before offering an opinion.

March 2019 date code......5,000 miles on them

It's a great deal......i am going to buy them, don't want to spend more money on my junk truck

MR. ED

Observer
Fantastic tires. Been running them on multiple trucks for years now... heavy towing rig and recreational rig. Not sure we’ve ever had a flat...knocks on wood... figured you would have traded that sucker in by now!

D45

Explorer
........ figured you would have traded that sucker in by now!

I want to , but I also have been given very very very low trade in value on it

I'm not willing to let it go for 17k

I am going to throw tires on it and sell it next summer when it's paid off

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
They are M+S rated but don't seem to have any specific declarations about "severe" snow. To me they performed well in snow and ice even in 2wd. But they're also pretty noisy for a not-quite-mud tire. I didn't choose to go with the same tire again when those reached the end of their life.
Just out of curiosity, what drove your decision to switch? Anything in particular?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles