Cooper Discoverer Writing Contest Discussion Thread

beartrap

Adventurer
I intend to enter one of my river trips in a small boat... I tow my boat with a 4 wheel drive truck which incidentally has cooper discovery tires on it....does this make my entry eligible for the grand prize?....

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I intend to enter one of my river trips in a small boat... I tow my boat with a 4 wheel drive truck which incidentally has cooper discovery tires on it....does this make my entry eligible for the grand prize?....

Thanks Beartrap.
Having cooper tires on your vehicle is very cool but is not required, so it does not qualify for anything special. Your trip would be part of the Monthly contest. Trips from the select list of epic routes (list in development) and monthly winners will qualify for the grand prize.

Thanks
Brian

teddyearp

Adventurer
Hmm, interesting that I revisit this site to see this. I just purchased four STT pros for my 2006 KJ. Some would say, what are you going to do with a Liberty with THOSE tires? My answer. Anything I want to.

I could not find the Cooper Flag that the rules suggest, so when I take my trip to AZ and NM in July a picture of my tires should be good, right?

1MK

ExploreDesert
If a old trip report is reused, how does it work with this as a guideline:

"showing proof with a picture of you with a Cooper Discoverer flag (link to download provided on expeditionportal.com) at a designated point along the route of the epic adventure trip."

I'm also noticing a lot of the currently posted contest entries don't have the flag.

Jeepinaaron

Adventurer
If a old trip report is reused, how does it work with this as a guideline:

"showing proof with a picture of you with a Cooper Discoverer flag (link to download provided on expeditionportal.com) at a designated point along the route of the epic adventure trip."

I'm also noticing a lot of the currently posted contest entries don't have the flag.

The rules state the flag is only required for the main prize entry, not the monthly entries. The main prize entry also has to follow a designated route which hasn't been posted yet.

1MK

ExploreDesert
The rules state the flag is only required for the main prize entry, not the monthly entries. The main prize entry also has to follow a designated route which hasn't been posted yet.

Thanks, I must have read over that part.

Im about to do a trip, and I think I recall seeing that the area I'm headed might be on the list of trips eligible for the grand prize...but...I can't find that list ANYWHERE. Any luck you might have a link? I also need a link to where to get the flag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles