Cooling the cab

jesusgatos

Explorer
Red Dot rocks! I just got one of their catalogs and I'm putting together an order right now. Check out their air cleaners/pressurizers too.

alan

Explorer
The condenser in my canter is way to small for the job, I don't know if this is a factory fit or aftermarket, but a bigger unit will be fitted when the time comes.

outbackjack

Observer
Not sure of the complete facts. However I have been told by one auto sparkie that the condeser is undersized especially for the Daul Cabs?

Maybe a bigger condeser mounted above the cab? Or maybe that is a little radical?

engineer

Adventurer
Not radical at all mate,
Go the larger condenser on the roof and then you can fit another evap. in the cab, like that one from the tarago!!!

Michael Slade

Untitled
I have the Red Dot on my crew-cab Land Rover and let me tell you it is the bomb. The cooling will freeze you and the heating will boil you. About the only complaint I have is that the lowest fan setting is about 2x as fast as it ought to be.

Here's a pic:

4665.jpg

Interior view:

4395.jpg

Product shot:

R-9777.gif

LINK TO PRODUCT PAGE

engineer

Adventurer
For the sake of Outback Jack only, RedDOT pulled out of Australia because they couldn't sell enough. Head down to your nearest A/C guy and ask about them, Very popular in the mine sites, very popular with engineer on Cape York....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94