Cooler mods: Has anyone done the foam mod?

Man

Did you check out Amazons Prices ???

Yesterday I emailed indelB to ask for the manual and to verify (Edited by Admin - language Warning) are an authorized seller. They responded with the manual quickly. So now I'm asking where else I can buy from. I don't want to buy a knock-off of a knock-off. I want the first level knock-off, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Yesterday I emailed indelB to ask for the manual and to verify ##### are an authorized seller. They responded with the manual quickly. So now I'm asking where else I can buy from. I don't want to buy a knock-off of a knock-off. I want the first level knock-off, lol.
OK,, DO a search on Amazon for some of the Dometic models, you can pick up some of their NEW Older model around half price, I bought 2 last year or the year before and powerwise I think they are the best thing since sliced bread,

Look for the CDF/CF-18, CDF/CF-21, CDF/CF-26, CDF/CF-31, CDF/CF-36,,, These are mainly 12/24v models, I bought a $10 AC to DC cheap 10A converter so I could use it indoors, I love my little CDF-18L it will use between 4 and 8 Amps per 24 hours and it goes all the way down to -18*c/0*f, Truth is I have seen it go down to -21.1*c / -6*f, It has just a rotary control and Hi and Low Battery protection Cut Off, Awesome little fridge.

These model numbers will be CDF-18 or CF-18 depending what country a person lives for each model. Ok

Have a search for any of those and let me know what you come up with, (y)

Reactions: Man

Man

OK,, DO a search on Amazon for some of the Dometic models, you can pick up some of their NEW Older model around half price, I bought 2 last year or the year before and powerwise I think they are the best thing since sliced bread,

Look for the CDF/CF-18, CDF/CF-21, CDF/CF-26, CDF/CF-31, CDF/CF-36,,, These are mainly 12/24v models, I bought a $10 AC to DC cheap 10A converter so I could use it indoors, I love my little CDF-18L it will use between 4 and 8 Amps per 24 hours and it goes all the way down to -18*c/0*f, Truth is I have seen it go down to -21.1*c / -6*f, It has just a rotary control and Hi and Low Battery protection Cut Off, Awesome little fridge.

These model numbers will be CDF-18 or CF-18 depending what country a person lives for each model. Ok

Have a search for any of those and let me know what you come up with, (y)

The older Dometics sound good but I need a bit bigger size then those. Somewhere in the 40L range. I was pretty set on the metal look, insulation thickness and durability of the TB46. ICECO pushed out their stock ETA for the VL45 to the end of the month so it looks like they are having stock issues. Do you know of any other steel coolers like either the VL45 or the TB46? They have thicker insulation. All I found was National Luna and that is far out of budget right now.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
The older Dometics sound good but I need a bit bigger size then those. Somewhere in the 40L range. I was pretty set on the metal look, insulation thickness and durability of the TB46. ICECO pushed out their stock ETA for the VL45 to the end of the month so it looks like they are having stock issues. Do you know of any other steel coolers like either the VL45 or the TB46? They have thicker insulation. All I found was National Luna and that is far out of budget right now.
Ok they also make a CDF-46 / CF-46 which is a 39 litre OR about 42Qt's, Also there is another hot little number which has caught my eye and it has an LG Compressor in it and they are pretty cheap to, I will find it on UK Amazon then you can do a search for it on US Amazon but these little fridges are absolute.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Here ya Go this One is the Doggie's Doo Dads, and it sells here for £349.00 so you should get it cheaper.

Alpicool CF55 Car Refrigerator, 55L Portable Mini Freezer 12v Campervan Car Fridge Boat DC Electric Cooler for Camping, Driving, Boat, Picnic
1618608476001.png

Man

Well, I'm not so sure about ICECO as they have a lot of shipping damage complaints and just as many unresponsive customer service complaints so even waiting for them to get the VL45 in stock will be a gamble. So I'm going to up my budget and started looking at Engel coolers. The MR040 shown below doesn't have the Danfoss compressor though. It has the "Highly Efficient Engel Swing Moto" $85 shipping, but no tax. I'm not sure about this brand, any thoughts about them? 3 year warranty, not that I'd ship it to them but that is 3 times as long as indelB and ICECO.

MR040F-U1----1_700x.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well, I'm not so sure about ICECO as they have a lot of shipping damage complaints and just as many unresponsive customer service complaints so even waiting for them to get the VL45 in stock will be a gamble. So I'm going to up my budget and started looking at Engel coolers. The MR040 shown below doesn't have the Danfoss compressor though. It has the "Highly Efficient Engel Swing Moto" $85 shipping, but no tax. I'm not sure about this brand, any thoughts about them? 3 year warranty, not that I'd ship it to them but that is 3 times as long as indelB and ICECO.

MR040F-U1----1_700x.jpg
Engel have to be the brand with the most reliability ever, Tough as you like and I know people who have had the same fridge for more than 38 years, If you Buy That one You are Buying a Legend, They are plain and simple but they are the best of the best Bar None.

If you can afford it Buy it their MT35 and MT 45 are legendry across the Globe, Major Thumbs Up. (y)

Man

Engel have to be the brand with the most reliability ever, Tough as you like and I know people who have had the same fridge for more than 38 years, If you Buy That one You are Buying a Legend, They are plain and simple but they are the best of the best Bar None.

If you can afford it Buy it their MT35 and MT 45 are legendry across the Globe, Major Thumbs Up. (y)

That sounds promising and a big endorsement to Engel. I'm thinking hard about buying one and maybe upping the budget a little more for the National Luna NL 40, but that one might be harder to buy. I see now that Engel has a free shipping option. The steel Engel MT45 looks sharp and the design looks rugged. They have a dual compartment model that looks pretty slick. The "Engel MT45F-U1CD-P platinum series AC/DC combination Fridge/Freezer" is only $50 more than the "Engel MT45F-U1-P platinum series 12V/24V/120V top-opening portable AC/DC Fridge/Freezer", but after looking at the manual I don't see a way to control the individual compartment temperatures. It looks like just one setting for both, or am I missing something?

MT45F-U1CD_700x.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That sounds promising and a big endorsement to Engel. I'm thinking hard about buying one and maybe upping the budget a little more for the National Luna NL 40, but that one might be harder to buy. I see now that Engel has a free shipping option. The steel Engel MT45 looks sharp and the design looks rugged. They have a dual compartment model that looks pretty slick. The "Engel MT45F-U1CD-P platinum series AC/DC combination Fridge/Freezer" is only $50 more than the "Engel MT45F-U1-P platinum series 12V/24V/120V top-opening portable AC/DC Fridge/Freezer", but after looking at the manual I don't see a way to control the individual compartment temperatures. It looks like just one setting for both, or am I missing something?

MT45F-U1CD_700x.jpg
I know of someone whos MT 60L or MT 45 Engel came flying of the back of their Truck ( 4x4 ) at over 60mph on a Dirt Road and it was smashed to hell, He Hammered out its panels on the Bullbar put them back on and it Still worked, If you know of a Tougher Fridge I'd like to see it, I have the Photo's of that fridge and it was a mess and it is still going to this day.

I prefer their Single Platinum version, Learning to balance the 2 compartments takes a bit of effort when you are new at this game.

Man

I know of someone whos MT 60L or MT 45 Engel came flying of the back of their Truck ( 4x4 ) at over 60mph on a Dirt Road and it was smashed to hell, He Hammered out its panels on the Bullbar put them back on and it Still worked, If you know of a Tougher Fridge I'd like to see it, I have the Photo's of that fridge and it was a mess and it is still going to this day.

I prefer their Single Platinum version, Learning to balance the 2 compartments takes a bit of effort when you are new at this game.

That is crazy durability, lol. I'm going to wait for indelB to respond on Monday. I told them what happened with the MT46 and asked for another vendor/distributor in the USA. If they don't have any options for me then I think it will be the Engel MT45. Thanks!!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That is crazy durability, lol. I'm going to wait for indelB to respond on Monday. I told them what happened with the MT46 and asked for another vendor/distributor in the USA. If they don't have any options for me then I think it will be the Engel MT45. Thanks!!
I know a heck of a lot of guys who all swear by Engel and won't have anything else, You can't reinvent the Wheel and Engel got it right first time,

I was going to get one but I ended up with an ARB 47L, I still want an Engel as well. heck it's only money Ay, (y)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
This is a language warning. You all agreed to the terms of use when you signed up to participate at Expedition Portal. Our Terms call for family friendly language. If you can’t keep the language In check, I will start banning members. Please keep it in check gentlemen.

Man

This is a language warning. You all agreed to the terms of use when you signed up to participate at Expedition Portal. Our Terms call for family friendly language. If you can’t keep the language In check, I will start banning members. Please keep it in check gentlemen.

Listen up, Dendy. Go ********** yourself!

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I am Soooo Confused, What language did I use ???

Grassland

I guess we'll never know what fridge Man ended up with.
Or how a guy can eat steak every day for that matter.

I don't get why the language is still an Issue with the swear filter that's on now. You can't even type the nickname for Richard without it being censored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles