Cool! Winnebago Sprinter 144 4x4 Adventure Concept Introduction

CuStOm

Adventurer
Method 17" wheels with BFG AT's. Keep in mind that street price on Winnebago options is 50% off. Not a bad price in the end all things considered.

Jo_Duval

Observer
love the layout. give me the same layout in a 170 extended and put a partition for storage in the back and im hooked!

Tacobro

Has anyone gotten their van yet??? Mine is supposed to come off the line 11/22 and then ship time to Az... I am getting impatient lol

CuStOm

Adventurer
No one has received one yet as none have left the factory yet. More details over on the Facebook group...

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I saw one of these at the local rv store, and it looked kinda cheap to me.
I had Sportsmobile build me a 4wd ford e350, and was very disappointed in what i felt was a lack in quality workmanship, and can't see owning another one.
I guess if i really want one, i am gonna have to step up and spend the money and buy a Roadtrek.

CuStOm

Adventurer
I have one and love it. Just finished our second weekend camping in it. Love it! If anyone wants information, join the Facebook group as it has more coverage and information than anywhere online right now.

C-Fish

Adventurer
We have been following the Facebook owners group and have seen the issues complaints with the vehicle. Have seen (a few) praises as well...

We are looking for the next stage life solution (in a few years) that will transition us from FJ Cruiser/Turtleback Trailer, to a capable camper/van of some sorts.

We traveled down to La Mesa RV from Flagstaff over the holidays and were extremely disappointed in the execution of the build.
So much, that it is not on the horizon for us at all in its current form.

Looking forward to Overland Expo in May to see other offerings. The van market is exploding right now.

Keyne

Adventurer
Thanks for the links. Hadn't seen Benchmark Vehicles before. I like that u-shaped settee with the drop down bed. I had sketched out a similar design. Looks nice.

I think the Revel is a good start with some interesting features (I like the heating method for the tanks using the diesel heated glycol tubing) for WGO and possibly a good choice for people that can't wait for a custom van or as a first "adventure van" for those not feeling experienced enough to make a custom van. However, I think the bed is gimmicky and not really useful if you can't store bikes underneath. Also, I think a port a potti would be a better use of the toilet space if you can have it for storage... again similar to the bed that looks cool but in reality doesn't make a ton of sense IMO... why make the toilet into a storage locker if you can't remove the toilet? Would be simpler and easier to just have a newer style porta potti that you can remove. The bed is by far the thing that makes me not like the van... why, just why isnt it high enough to fit bikes... a simple removable platform bed would have worked perfectly. Oh well.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Thanks for the links. Hadn't seen Benchmark Vehicles before. I like that u-shaped settee with the drop down bed. I had sketched out a similar design. Looks nice.

I think the Revel is a good start with some interesting features (I like the heating method for the tanks using the diesel heated glycol tubing) for WGO and possibly a good choice for people that can't wait for a custom van or as a first "adventure van" for those not feeling experienced enough to make a custom van. However, I think the bed is gimmicky and not really useful if you can't store bikes underneath. Also, I think a port a potti would be a better use of the toilet space if you can have it for storage... again similar to the bed that looks cool but in reality doesn't make a ton of sense IMO... why make the toilet into a storage locker if you can't remove the toilet? Would be simpler and easier to just have a newer style porta potti that you can remove. The bed is by far the thing that makes me not like the van... why, just why isnt it high enough to fit bikes... a simple removable platform bed would have worked perfectly. Oh well.

I get your comment on the lifting bed. A lifting bed is only valuable if you get it out of the way to "fill it with people". Like if you want to have a dining area underneath the bed (which allows for a real mattress instead of foam cushions). If you need to remove your stuff in storage and leave it outside while you sleep it becomes pretty much useless. This is not a toy hauler.

For the bathroom, I think it's okay. We always end up putting a big bag holding our double sleeping bag on top of the toilet when we're travelling. Then at one point it gets placed in the passenger seat at night. It's the van shuffle that most van owners end up doing to varying degrees. Putting a shelf there is a good idea IMO especially if it has a placed to be stored when not in use.

Tacobro

Well I got my revel yesterday! So far the van is fantastic! Spent the night at apache lake in as. Took it on some pretty narrow washes w deepish gravel and sand. 4x4 worked like a charm. Systems all worked well. Layout for 2 and 2 small dogs was great. Have a swing out hitch and thule hitch rack for bikes a d so far trasharoo on the ladder. Working on mounting tire on rear door. Also put a hood. Rack on. Pics to follow.

Steve_382

We finally had a chance to see one of these in the flesh yesterday. Pretty nicely done, but the layout doesn't really work for what we need. Too much RV furniture and not enough storage space. Was hoping to be able to leave the bikes inside the van while sleeping, but with the electric bed lowered, there isn't enough room under the bed for two bikes. If we go with Sprinter this time, we will probably just have a platform bed mounted maybe 36" above the van floor and minimal other furniture. We keep most of our gear in storage boxes, back packs, and small duffel type bags. Currently have a E350 Ford SMB and haul the bikes in a Let's Go Aero hitch mounted cargo box that has enough room for 2 road bikes, wheels, and misc associated junk. Works OK but would rather eliminate the box and keep the bikes inside. I don't think we would use the shower/bath area enough to justify the space it takes up either.

https://letsgoaero.com/gearspace-cargo-carrier-dark-gray/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94