Cool! Winnebago Sprinter 144 4x4 Adventure Concept Introduction

CreeksideKP

One advantage for some people will be that it should be easy to get financing since its already titled as an rv.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Corneilius

Adventurer
I saw one last night at the AVL Van Life Rally. It was cool, didn't get to thoroughly check it out but it appeared well made and thought out. It was a loaner (From Winnebago?) to the couple driving it and they only had nice things to say about it.

movingon

I'm headed to the California RV show next weekend to check it out. I've been going back and fourth from very expensive custom jobs to buy the van and do it myself. I think the Revel is nice because it probably has a much higher quality than a home built (for most people doing it quickly) yet not all the gadgets (that break) the big custom shops do. I already have a list of custom items I'll put on the Revel like a winch..... more soon.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I'm headed to the California RV show next weekend to check it out. I've been going back and fourth from very expensive custom jobs to buy the van and do it myself. I think the Revel is nice because it probably has a much higher quality than a home built (for most people doing it quickly) yet not all the gadgets (that break) the big custom shops do. I already have a list of custom items I'll put on the Revel like a winch..... more soon.

Please do keep us updated on how the process goes. The Revel is damn good, but "not quite perfect" in our eyes, so I'd be curious about how you land on WB vs custom...

movingon

Please do keep us updated on how the process goes. The Revel is damn good, but "not quite perfect" in our eyes, so I'd be curious about how you land on WB vs custom...

Will do! By the way... this is what I customized last year.... really looking forward to working on something interesting in the RV world.

Attachments

• IMG_7862.jpg
    IMG_7862.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 53

PJPR01

Adventurer
So has anyone bought a Revel yet? Video and customizing look really good...pity I cannot make it to OV Expo East this year though!

DJSponge

Can't wait to see some "real world" thoughts on this thing. We are looking at placing an order in about 5 months; I want to wait and see if there are any initial run issues. Please post it up once you get it!

Fresno

Adventurer
Delivery date is 11/13 from Lichtstein in Forest City, IA (next to the W factory). Saved the delivery cost to the west coast less the cost of a flight ticket. Mention my name and the forum, ask for Reed. No charge for the cross country maiden voyage!

Specs: Exterior: Silver/No Decals. Interior: Silver Bamboo. GPS System. AC.

Planned Upgrades: Breville Oracle Espresso
Aluminess Roof Rack
Aluminess Rear Bumper and Storage Boxes

movingon

TacoBro - congrats! Give us any feedback you can!

I'm going to see one next weekend and wanted to ask everyone's option on the AC. I'm a sailor and run the boat in the FL Keys and the Bahamas. The heat doesn't bother me too much but we have hatches that capture a lot of wind. I'm new to the RV world and unsure if I head down the Mexico and further south if the fans will be enough or not. I know it is all personal - but just wanted to get your take for the Revel. And I'm really interested if anyone with one and has the Honda 2k genset - if they can test if the AC can start with 2k. Thanks!!_steve

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Anybody see the weight specs? It's not hard to overload a 2500 van... I am curious if it has enough payload left. My well equipped 140" sprinter is over gross when fully packed, and it's not 4x4.

PJPR01

Adventurer
So is the Winnebago process basically a one size fits all type of customization or do you have to go thru all the options lists as Sportsmobile offers? From the videos, it seems like there is just one basically layout/floor plan/options list...I do like the fact that the bed goes all the way up to the roof.

One question I am curious about is whether the 4x4 model would have the option to install a strong enough rear bumper that would allow a 550 lb Sport Touring Motorcycle to be successfully and safely mounted in a Versahaul, perhaps using 3 Class 3 hitch receivers to reduce flex.

balexander87

Observer
That van needs this lift :)

MwWNBLM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94