Cool trailer tents on ebay Australia

bvanetten

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/17x15FT-OFF-...yZ123351QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I did a currency conversion from Australian dollars to US dollars and it was $1147.57 us. And that is the buy it now price! I've read there is a free trade agreement between AU and the US but that is will be several years before all imported products are that way.

So what I'm I missing here. Seems like a nice tent that can be converted to a bunch of different trailers. Even if it cost you twice that to get it here it would still be doable, no?

BTW, look up trailer tents on the Australian Ebay site and proceed to drool.

tamangel

Adventurer
that link will eventually die..here's some pic's and info from the listing:

Welcome to MissSport, now we have a 2008 new release design tent which is your best choice for camping. It is the largest camping trailer tent that available for 8 people.New style design
12ft trailer tent available for 8 people
Quick assembly poles for fast erection of tent
Easy - Unfold tent without adjusting bed poles
Velcro attached annex roof and walls to roof allowing for quick and easy removal - all walls and floor included!
Easy access to trailer - from outside
Easy access to trailer - from inside (pull out hatches under bed)
70mm High Density Foam Mattress & Internal Storage Pockets on Sleeping Compartment Walls
18mm Marine ply board with steel framing
Water proofed
Heavy duty galvanized poles for better support, stability of the tent & longer life.
Fully Mosquito Proof Window Netting
Double PVC strips around windows and at bottom of floor to allow for better waterproofing
sunroom -?super roomy, highly ventilated ,over 25 square meters
Windows of tent can be closed half way
Detachable Ladder Also Included
Weight Of Camper Tent Is Only 147kg
Canvas for tent is 12oz.
Fits 7x4 and 6x4 trailers
2 covers, 1 inside cover & 1 heavy duty vinyl cover with tie down straps
mosquito-curtain for the annex door

Mike

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Cool

That thing is like a mini el-cheapo KK. I wonder if you can just buy the tent??? I did a few calculations and that thing would fit a Chaser width wise. I have no idea if the tents side would be long enough for the AT's standard 35in tires. I would love to own a Chaser with a tent like that ------> I can always dream :)

bvanetten

ZR2nit said:
That thing is like a mini el-cheapo KK. I wonder if you can just buy the tent???

That auction is just for the tent. I've been thinking the same thing. If we could just get ahold of the tent the possibilities are endless. Bigger trailer with toys, smaller trailer behind a car... I think there are a lot of uses for a tent like that other than extreme offroad. Problem is they are as scarce as hen’s teeth in the states. If Ebay Au is any indication you can't swing a bat without hitting one down under.

So aside from shipping what other fees would you have to pay to get one here. Or better yet could one be made here for close to the same cost?

ZR2nit

Adventurer
????

Does anyone know how I aquire a tent like that here in the good ole' U.S.A.???? There has got to be someone on this forum that could lead me to the right direction. No one with a tent like that on E-Bay "OZ" ships to the U.S. Any help is appreciated.

bvanetten

ZR2nit said:
Does anyone know how I aquire a tent like that here in the good ole' U.S.A.???? There has got to be someone on this forum that could lead me to the right direction. No one with a tent like that on E-Bay "OZ" ships to the U.S. Any help is appreciated.

X2

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
ZR2nit said:

If you see a tent you like on E-Bay, try to find the manufaturer's website. You may be able to contact them directly and discuss possible shipment to the US.

Be ready for shock though when you see the shipping cost. I recently had a couple things shipped to me for King Kamper (2 springs and a canvas awning). If I remember correctly, the shipping was over $300 and these two items were not that large or heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier