Cool Light Effects in the Desert

maxingout

Adventurer
Thanks for the link. I would like to learn how to do long exposure night photography with digital camera.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I've been doing some cleaning around my pad recently and came across this book. One thing I'm surprised the author let make the pages were quite a few shots with short lines of light which are either star trails or aircraft. It is an interesting book but better if found used and at a cheaper price.

chuckn

Observer
cedar mesa tree at night

Here's one I took in Cedar Mesa last week

Chuck.

Attachments

• tree cedar mesa time laps.jpg
    tree cedar mesa time laps.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 5

ywen

Explorer
The technique is called light painting. Search it up on google. Lots of good tutorials..

Heres one taken in canyonlands.. Pitch black out and all lighting from a small fire behind truck and a small head lamp on me as i ran around the scene

image.jpg

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
Great stuff! I love shooting in the desert, though half of you guys are way out of my league.
Here's a fun illustration (can you call it that while painting with light?) of how easy it can be to play around with this. Here is a little cave in Lockhart Basin we found on motos. Shot with a canon g7, and a friend with 1 headlamp. Try this the next time you find yourself in the dark!

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz