Cool Earth Fly Over Time lapse from the International Space Station

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
That is so Friggin' cool!! I had to watch it a few times because the first time I was noticing the storms and all the little details, then I watched it again to try and figure out what it was flying over each time.

Loved the Green halo that I'm guessing is the Atmosphere and especially when they flew over the poles and you could see the Aurora Borealis!

Expedition Leader
Neat time-lapse, but the music was highly irritating; thank goodness for volume control.

... and especially when they flew over the poles and you could see the Aurora Borealis!

Several of the passes were of the Aurora Australis instead, but cool nonetheless.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
That was amazing, thanks for posting the link.
Just a little fyi, last week a bunch of us from the neighborhood was able to see the ISS fly by during the night sky.
How you ask... the ISS was high above that the sun was still shining on her.
It was so cool to see it fly by.... and if you were wondering how did we know it was the ISS, there's an APP for that. :)
And we were in the Texas Hill Country.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I actually liked all the lightning storms you could see happening. It just goes to show you how great our big blue marble really is.

4xdog

Explorer
Very nice. The aurora borealis from space was especially cool. Liked the flight over the boot of Italy, too.

I've seen a number of lightning storms from the air. One of the best was on a redeye from Reno to Minneapolis where a moster storm a hundred miles to the north was visible across the sky. It would have looked a lot like the bigger ones in the video from space.

I read a stat somewhere about how many lightning storms are going on at any one time on earth, and the number was a lot greater than I'd have guessed. The video would support that large number, it seems.

Don

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I'm glad folks are enjoying this as much as I did. Every time someone posts a response I watch it again. Still loving it. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier