Cook Partner stove wind screen from SS wine rack.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
While my truck is in the shop I decided to make a wind screen for my stove. I had some left over AL diamond plate cut down to side and it fits great into the space between the stove and the slide. The other project was to convert a free wine rack into the same thing but with a twist. I cut the rings off the wine rack and was suprised it fits around the burner for the stove. With a little cutting with a DUAL SAW this thing is evil on metal, I notched out the area for the burner support and this thing fits great right up to the bottom of the grate. As I was doing this the wind was blowing about 25 mph, with the round collar around the burner the flame did not even flicker. I also get more consentrated heat. Any thoughts good or bad are welcomed, the rings are removeable when not needed. Kinda funny I got the rack for the SS flat sheet not for the rings, that was a after thought.

Attachments

• DSC02885.JPG
    DSC02885.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02886.JPG
    DSC02886.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02888.JPG
    DSC02888.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC02887.JPG
    DSC02887.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC02889.JPG
    DSC02889.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02890.JPG
    DSC02890.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 12

Honu

lost on the mainland
cool mods :)
side screen is nice looking :)

I take it the rings are low enough it wont effect larger pans heating toward the edge ? kinda cool idea for sure :)

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
The neat thing about the rings are they can be moved up or down, or just removed from the burner all together. As far as large pans I will have to see I figured the heat would just travel across the bottom and spread out. Good point.
cool mods :)
side screen is nice looking :)

I take it the rings are low enough it wont effect larger pans heating toward the edge ? kinda cool idea for sure :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles