Cook Partner stove FAQ / Master thread

Roger M.

Adventurer
Partner Steel very strongly suggest one and a half or two inches clearance on all four sides when using a griddle.
Without that clearance, heat build-up is an issue on multiple fronts … from “too hot a griddle”, to potentially melting the rubber grommets that seal the propane valves.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
Just got a 9” PS stove and out of the box I have to say I am very disappointed for $300+. The tubing for gas do NOT line up and if you make it fit, then the burner is pushed up toward grill at an angle as well as the grill not sitting on the ledge like it should. I talked to them and they said it’s normal and to bend it more. Should I really have to do that for such an expensive piece of equipment?
5D9481AD-C847-4147-B30F-6BA048F31FEB.jpeg

Attachments

• E5A25622-1BA3-4DEB-96FD-746DA2E2E1CE.jpeg
    E5A25622-1BA3-4DEB-96FD-746DA2E2E1CE.jpeg
    858.1 KB · Views: 72
  • BF0A3291-A6D4-400A-8A2C-9CCFA8B32046.jpeg
    BF0A3291-A6D4-400A-8A2C-9CCFA8B32046.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69

Roger M.

Adventurer
The tolerances on a propane stove (or BBQ) are extremely loose … so just bend it.
It’s just a roughly bent tube, no big deal to bend it as required for a good fit.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Just got a 9” PS stove and out of the box I have to say I am very disappointed for $300+. The tubing for gas do NOT line up and if you make it fit, then the burner is pushed up toward grill at an angle as well as the grill not sitting on the ledge like it should. I talked to them and they said it’s normal and to bend it more. Should I really have to do that for such an expensive piece of equipment?
View attachment 765068

Mine were a little tight so I bent them about 1/8" up to make it easier to insert them and keep the grill flush. Works great. A little rough on that component but the welds on the body are perfect and I like how every single moving part can be replaced in the field. These things live in the open cockpits of many dirty desert river rafts and keep ticking for decades. Definitely spring for the repair kit. Very handy.

highwest

I also bent mine a bit to make it easier to get the burners out to clean inside the box and then put them back in.

donmontalvo

I love my Partners Steel stove. It's a 22" dual burner, attached to my Goose Gear Camp Kitchen, slides in/out from under the stove side. I ordered a 9' hose that I have velcroed along the inside of the tailgate opening. I have both ends of the hose velcroed to the inside, with enough slack to connect to the stove (left), and the propane tank (right).

My only challenge is getting the stove end of the hose tightened enough for the hose to allow the propane to pass into the stove. It's hard to tighten the brass coupler into the stove coupler. I wish Partners Steel would make the stove end of their hose easier to grip when tightening. The propane bottle end is easy to grip because of the plastic collar that's easy to grip.

Last edited:

smbisig

Adventurer
One of my stove's knobs is sticky and hard to turn. What's the proper way of removing them and the jets to clean every moving part? I don't have a rebuild kit or the instructions but before messing with it (and breaking something) I'm checking in here. Thanks.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
after the last trip I ended up just removing my piezo mod :confused:

it made the stove less easy to clean and even though nice sparks hit both burners pretty much every time I pushed the button, for whatever reason it often just wouldn't light

the standalone lighters work every time 🤷‍♂️

Roger M.

Adventurer
I contemplated the piezo modification, but then recalled that every single BBQ I've ever owned (with piezo starter) had that piezo completely fail at some point, and for a variety of reasons ... so I stuck with the simple extended butane lighter ... which as you note, works every time!

slowtwitch

Adventurer
I guess if you did a hamfisted job of it, it may not work or look so good. I did the mod never intending for it to be the sole way to light the stove, but another way that is very handy and makes the stove more usable.

Roger M.

Adventurer
To each their own ... but I think it's just common sense that additional crap riveted inside your stove will somewhat compromise the otherwise incredibly easy cleaning procedure, as well as expose one to another potential failure point down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior