Converting your title to class B in Florida

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
I just went through this and thought I'd help anyone looking to convert their title in Florida as of February 2016. Took me a bit of searching to find the information so hopefully I can speed up the process for someone.

You need 3 things:
Your current title
Money
A signed affidavit certifying that the unit has been converted to the extent to include
one of the items below to qualify it as a recreational vehicle.

_____ Installed 110 volt electrical wiring
_____ Installed LP gas piping
_____ Installed plumbing system

It's outlined here: http://www3.flhsmv.gov/dmv/Proc/TL/TL-13.PDF

I copied the affidavit that is exampled in the pdf at the bottom of page 11. Quick and easy process. Bring the pdf procedure with out, it makes explaining what you're doing a lot easier. No inspection needed, I didn't even bring the van up there. Now I'm trying to figure out the insurance, but that's proving to be a bit harder. Hope this helps someone.

Advnturunlimitd

I just went through this and thought I'd help anyone looking to convert their title in Florida as of February 2016. Took me a bit of searching to find the information so hopefully I can speed up the process for someone.

You need 3 things:
Your current title
Money
A signed affidavit certifying that the unit has been converted to the extent to include
one of the items below to qualify it as a recreational vehicle.

_____ Installed 110 volt electrical wiring
_____ Installed LP gas piping
_____ Installed plumbing system

It's outlined here: http://www3.flhsmv.gov/dmv/Proc/TL/TL-13.PDF

I copied the affidavit that is exampled in the pdf at the bottom of page 11. Quick and easy process. Bring the pdf procedure with out, it makes explaining what you're doing a lot easier. No inspection needed, I didn't even bring the van up there. Now I'm trying to figure out the insurance, but that's proving to be a bit harder. Hope this helps someone.
volcomsurfer
1) Are you saying that you just copied the bottom of page 11 in order to clarify to the DMV what you were trying to do?
2) Is there a specific paper (affidavit) that must be filled out?
3) Now that it has been a while since you completed the process ---- were you able to get cheaper and more comprehensive RV insurance that covered the additional expenses of the conversion?
Thank you

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
volcomsurfer
1) Are you saying that you just copied the bottom of page 11 in order to clarify to the DMV what you were trying to do?
2) Is there a specific paper (affidavit) that must be filled out?
3) Now that it has been a while since you completed the process ---- were you able to get cheaper and more comprehensive RV insurance that covered the additional expenses of the conversion?
Thank you

na, I literally just wrote that on a piece of paper and signed it. I didn't seek out other insurance. I just rode it out and sold the van. I knew I was only going to have it for a couple years so it wasn't worth the hassle to me.

Sullysdaddy

Thanks a million been looking everywhere for this. The only problem I will have since I actually will be getting tag and paying taxes is they require insurance for you to even all this. So I guess I will have to get regular personal insurance just liability j750 for five months here in Florida. I would like to get it all done walk in and get registered as rv. Then get my insurance as it would probably be 300 to five hundred at most. Confused lol I am too. Do you think I could add shore power and just get it registered. Leave call insurance company get insurance then come back pay taxes and get tag? I thought I had to do it all at once. Pretty amazing all I would have to do is add shore power. Not going to be adding propane. Also just plan on a couple of five gallon containers a sink and a whale pump if needed. Truthfully not even sure I will do this. Hoping to hook up some pvc pipe up top with battery operated sprayer for shower. I can wash dishes there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles