Converting a G-wagen from LHD to RHD

Tinakarori

How difficult would it be to convert a used G-Wagen from LHD to RHD, ideally using parts from a damaged RHD G? I would like to use a LWB G-Wagen camper for travel around Europe and Africa, where LHD is the rule or at least common. After that, I would plan to take the G-Wagen on tour round Australia, and finally home to New Zealand, both of which are RHD - and hence my question.

I am well aware that G-Wagens are available in RHD form, but LHD ones are much more frequently available in Europe, and are usually much cheaper than in the UK, the only significant RHD G-Wagen market.

39Ronin

Adventurer
The best place to get a clean RHD G is Japan, I know you can import them to NZ without much difficulty. It would worth doing this way as converting would be quite expensive comparing just buying a RHD.

jmkoz

Hi there,

We have a member of AGOA ( www.agoa.org.au ) who has converted at least one and possibly more G's to right hand drive with very pleasing (at least aesthetically) results. I think that it is more a matter of cost effectiveness than difficulty.

Send me a PM with your Email address and I will send you some contact details and so that you can have a talk with him.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz