Converting a beater Transalp into the ultimate expedition bike

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
How did they paint the plastics?

and

What are those turn signals / where did you find them?

Thanks
Brian

What do you mean how did they paint it? It's base coat clear coat.

They are LED lights from the local Meijer store in the trailer section. The brand name is Pilot.

G_21845G_CL_1.jpg

805gregg

Adventurer
Now you can remove the upper fender, I've always like the low more aerodynamic fenders. Just looks more Dakar Rally.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean how did they paint it? It's base coat clear coat.

They are LED lights from the local Meijer store in the trailer section. The brand name is Pilot.

G_21845G_CL_1.jpg

Jeff,
For those lights, will they blink on thier own or does a special switch need to be added?

For instance, the original lights on my Honda NX650 broke so I am looking for replacements if not just replacing them with originals. I tried a small set of LED stick on lights but they would not blink. I then tried a larger set and they blink just fine, leading me to believe that there is some sort of circuitry inside the light housing which makes the light blink.

Thanks
Brian

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Thanks for the info on the lights.

Regarding the paint, just that, considering it is plastic did they powdercoat it, spray it or other? It looks great.

The fairing is carbon fiber/gel coat, fenders are plastic and the tank is steel. They sprayed every thing with a base coat clear coat.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Jeff,
For those lights, will they blink on thier own or does a special switch need to be added?

For instance, the original lights on my Honda NX650 broke so I am looking for replacements if not just replacing them with originals. I tried a small set of LED stick on lights but they would not blink. I then tried a larger set and they blink just fine, leading me to believe that there is some sort of circuitry inside the light housing which makes the light blink.

Thanks
Brian

You will need to change to a LED flasher. I used a Motrax that I bought at Cycle Gear, I bought the one for a Yamaha because it's two wire like the TA. I just cut the plug off and crimped on male spade connectors to match the TA harness.

778910499_XXnyG-Th.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I finally found the decals that I want but it looks like it's going to have to be a wrap style material as a standard vinyl won't lay on the bends without wrinkling.

792822723_uxiMj-M.jpg

792811141_DMK5x-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz