Convertible FJ Cruiser

speedtre

Explorer
Someone probably spent a lot of money on this conversion. Would probably make a sweet off road rig/crawler if you had some money to dump into it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd5b4cfc0&vxp=mtr

I thought it would be next to impossible to make an FJ Cruiser significantly less attractive.....I was wrong....very wrong.

When I look at that the first thing that comes to my mind is "WHY?" If they wanted a really capable convertible 2 door 4x4, buy a jeep and be done with it. Like you said, this conversion wasn't cheap, so there seems to be no real point other than to prove it could be done...

getout

Adventurer
With the top down it's probably the only FJC with no blind spots!

So true! I've only ever driven one and couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was because I had so many blind spots.

I also didn't realize how much these things look like an the Hummer H3 until you see one with the top off. I'm a Toyota fan so that's particularly disappointing.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Ha ha, 3 bids...$510.00.

Nice job on the conversion, but as noted above VERY PT cruiser-esque. Not a fan of this. Removable hard top would have been a winner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94