continental mpt81 feedback?

762X39

Explorer
I have a set on my Unimog and love them, a good balance between traction in most conditions, noise and money.

Chas Stricker

Adventurer
I've ran two sets of them on my truck and think they are a good comprimise between highway and off-road. I've made a few 3,000 mile trip while towing a trailer. I did sipe mine for better traction in the snow/ice.
Chas

turbopilot

Observer
Any feedback from Er owners with mpt 81 vs 22.5" setup? Anyone running them on std leaf rear or older earth roamer?

I had the standard 37" tires on my old EarthRoamer. Ordered the MPT81's on my new EarthRoamer. Absolutely night and day with the MPT81's. They ride softer and they track much better than the standard 37" tires. Only downside is road noise. Not so sure they are all that much more noisy than the 37", but the 2012 Ford F550 Chassis Cab is so quiet compared to the 2008 F550, all you can hear is the tire noise.

Carlyle

Explorer
I have a set of the 275's on my Dodge 5500, drive great in rain and snow with a total vehicle weight of 15k. I would like to here peoples opinion on wear and where the best deals are on these tires for replacement. Oh, and they are noisy as well.

Kardec

2nd set on the ER. Fantastic. No towing but a great tire that takes the labor out of driving ... at least compared to the 37" 22.5s. Changing a tire (haven't had to do it, thank god, but I have rotated them) is easier because the wheels go on and off the lugs easier, looser tolerances or something. Just run them a touch harder than you might think and they are great.

Carlyle

Explorer
Hi Kardec,

Glad to hear you like these tires. Question, how many miles of use did you get on the first set?

Thanks,

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boblynch

Adventurer
F550 running MPT81s

I run the 335 MPT81s on my F550-based rig. Really like the handling vs. stock tires in all conditions. I'd like to hear more from others on durability and replacement intervals. Mine have been on for about 7000 miles and are going strong.

mervifwdc

Adventurer
I have a set on a Unimog camping truck, and have just over 25K KM on them now. Mainly highway, but also a good few days of desert and rock driving.

Overall I am happy enough, but they are not wearing evenly, so I'm getting some vibration coming from them at certain speeds. I don't think I'll get 50K KM from them.

No issues with grip however, very good for that.

Merv.

Carlyle

Explorer
I have a set on a Unimog camping truck, and have just over 25K KM on them now. Mainly highway, but also a good few days of desert and rock driving.

Overall I am happy enough, but they are not wearing evenly, so I'm getting some vibration coming from them at certain speeds. I don't think I'll get 50K KM from them.

No issues with grip however, very good for that.

Merv.

I'm having the same uneven wear on my tires. I've had my alignment done front and back three times with no changes. Great traction tire, but I may look for an alternative as I'll be very lucky to get more than 25k on them, let alone 50k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles