Construction Differences Between Metric and Floatation Sized LT Tires

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Metric tire sizes don't make any sense but you intrinsically know about how big they are. Kinda like bra cup sizes.

SBF351

I can't think of where I've seen this but I do remember seeing different warranties for flotation tires vs metric tires.
Might have been at a supplier like Town Fair Tire or something.
I distinctly remember flotation tires had a much shorter warranty period than metric tires.

I thought maybe because they might have a softer tread compound or maybe because they assume that people buying flotation sizes are putting them on modified vehicles or wheeling them.

Either way, fuel for the fire here.

Viggen

Just here...
lol we PLOWED a Mars Surveyor mission right into the planet instead of a grazing orbit, because someone on the team muddled a metric to standard conversion.

I was visiting Germany once. Landed and it was quite cold outside. Checked into my hotel room and the room was definitely not warm enough. Solution? I walked over to the thermostat and took a look. No wonder it was cold, they had it set to 20 degrees. Do Germans really just not want to take their jackets off? Do they just want the outside temp to match the inside out of sheer laziness? Not too sure but my immediate concern was the rumbling in my stomach. So, I figure that I should set the thermostat to a really high temp so that after dinner, which I figured would probably take about an hour, the room would be more comfortable. I figured 100 was a good number to start with and then I could back it down. When I got back, I could barely walk into the room and the water in the toilet was boiling!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior