Considering getting a camper

BillTex

Adventurer
Too much $$$

We love our TC...all the comforts of home where ever we go. We keep it loaded and ready to go...makes spontaneous adventures so easy. That looks like a nice (small) set up...but $10K for a 17yr old truck and camper with all those miles?
I don't think so.
I'd offer $2500...if it was spotless!

B

AstroXX

We love our TC...all the comforts of home where ever we go. We keep it loaded and ready to go...makes spontaneous adventures so easy. That looks like a nice (small) set up...but $10K for a 17yr old truck and camper with all those miles?
I don't think so.
I'd offer $2500...if it was spotless!

B

I've been looking for a decent Toyota for a while, but they just don't sell em cheap around here. They either have high miles or are beat to hell.

Why not look at a 4door diesel? gets better mpg than those toyotas and you could afford a lot newer than 95 and haul a bigger camper..

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Astro, there is nothing wrong with Tacos. They go forever. I live just across the line and do most of my shopping in your area. I know what prices are like, and I think that truck is worth around $5000 up in the north west. The mileage is actually slightly below average if you factor it at 15,000 per year, which is average in our area. If the camper is not rotten or moldy, which most are up here on the wet coast, I think $3000 would not be out of line. Both my guesstimates are based on the units being fairly clean with no major issues.

I would go take a look if it is in your budget, and at least get an idea if it is enough space for you. If decided to buy the package, I would take the body lift out to make things a bit safer with a camper on. I don't hate body lifts, but I would not use them on a truck that was going to haul a camper.

I usually shop the Oregon and California region as prices tend to be better and things (campers from SoCal), are usually a bit less mossy. Good luck with the search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne