Considering another Gen 2

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
Well, it’s been a couple years since I’ve been on here since I sold my 95 LS. Family life happened and we needed cash for some other things, so the toys had to go. However, I am considering another capable rig again and still miss many aspects of the Gen 2 Montero.

I have purposely avoided looking for any because I remember there isnt a huge aftermarket or product support like there is for the other household names (Cherokee, 4Runner,, etc.)... but, then I also remember these are more comfortable and will out perform those other manufacturers in stock condition and Montys have many factory do-dads not offered by competitors.
Most people where I live are Jeep, 4Runner or Land Cruiser loyalists and there are virtually no Mitsu owners in the region... that I know of.

So my big question for this Montero/Pajero Subculture … Is there still a solid support group for these rigs? Or have most jumped ship to the newer rigs with more product support?

I’ve got my eyes on a 95 SR with fairly low miles (under 100,000). It needs a few things like CV boots, ball joints, unknown of timing has ever been done, plus some general elbow grease to get the thing cleaned up. I’m just wondering if there is still a decent following for these? I don’t care about the lack of popularity for the Gen 2s, but I still like to have reliable resources and knowledgeable people out there to consult with as things break or I consider more modifications.

I posted the same thing on the Adventure Driven Design forum a few days ago, but it seems dormant. It looks like 4x4 Wire and this forum are still fairly active.

Anyway, thoughts or opinions are welcomed.

mudraider

Adventurer
Try Mitsubishi Monteros USA. There's 5k members.

MMUSA https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524789904446511/

And if you are looking for a truck here's the MMUSA sale page. There was a 95 SR on there a couple of days ago.

MMUSAE

Sent from my pretty good android phone

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
Try Mitsubishi Monteros USA. There's 5k members.

MMUSA https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524789904446511/

And if you are looking for a truck here's the MMUSA sale page. There was a 95 SR on there a couple of days ago.

MMUSAE

Sent from my pretty good android phone

Thanks for the resources.
I just logged in and requested to join both pages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles